Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smallish suppressor for .22lr and / or .25 acp?

Feedback Score

Smallish suppressor for .22lr and / or .25 acp?

Trying to talk myself into getting my first suppressor.

I was all set to buy a Trust, then I started to learn about Schedule A vs Appointment Forms, and how every lawyer writes his Trust differently and that minutia can be really important and then my head started to hurt like it always does when I look into NFA stuff.

Anyway, I should set a goal before getting into all of that, I suppose.

I'd like a small suppressor for one my Beretta M950's or Bobcat .25's. I guess a .22LR wouldn't have the clearance? It doesn't have to be the size of an ear plug pair container but certainly smaller than the big 9 inch long behemoths I see on full-size pistols. I don't want to mess with "wipes".

If the .25 acp just won't work out I'll get one of the Beretta Bobcat .22's that come threaded from the factory. Should be available in the next couple months I guess. It's called the "Covert". I assume it's "standard" .22 LR thread pitch. Whatever that is.

So, does anyone make a smallish thread-on suppressor that will work with .22 LR and .25 acp?

Should I get the trust started with nothing on it and apply for the stamp(s) later?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd like a small suppressor for one my Beretta M950's or Bobcat .25's. I guess a .22LR wouldn't have the clearance? It doesn't have to be the size of an ear plug pair container but certainly smaller than the big 9 inch long behemoths I see on full-size pistols. I don't want to mess with "wipes". good news is .22 cans on average are 5-6" long. bad news is there are about 2-3 companies that will bore out their .22 cans to .25 and is special order. Your other possibility is to do a Form 1 and make your own. Remember the shorter you go, the less effective it's going be... hence wipes to help

If the .25 acp just won't work out I'll get one of the Beretta Bobcat .22's that come threaded from the factory. Should be available in the next couple months I guess. It's called the "Covert". I assume it's "standard" .22 LR thread pitch. Whatever that is. 1/2 x 28 is the standard, rarely now 1/2 x 36

So, does anyone make a smallish thread-on suppressor that will work with .22 LR and .25 acp? well, if you have it in .25 then you can use it for a .22. but the effectiveness may suffer due to the larger bore

Should I get the trust started with nothing on it and apply for the stamp(s) later? yes, that's how it works
    Last edited by Smokin338; 07-14-20 at 02:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get the bobcat 22. A small suppressor such as the gemtech GM-22 should be more than sufficient.

OTOH, you could form1 a suppressor for .25 and build it to your needs. Look here... https://www.quietbore.com/

Feedback Score
    For .22, the Bowers Bitty is what you seek. I have one. It's extremely small and works well. It's just plain amazing with CCI Quiet 22LR. Absolutely no hearing protection needed when shooting the CCI Quiet.
    https://bowersgroup.com/product/bitty-22/
    https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfi...-22/6-960.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    But you are now forewarned...you can’t have just one suppressor. Before long you’ll want one for bigger rifles or pistols.

Feedback Score
    Ok, thanks, guys!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    several modular ones, out of various materials. Vox NYX 2, SiCo Switchback, Rugged Oculus, Q Erector are a few modular that would give you tiny for the Bobcat and longer for other .22 use off the top of my head, and there are many more that fit the desires, I am sure.

And plus 1 on the "need" for more...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Bowers bitty

Feedback Score
    Size-wise, the Bitty is great. I can pocket carry setup when out walking the dog.

Longer cans are quieter, though.

Typical 6” can for comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GarrettJ; 08-04-20 at 19:55.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I think a Bowers Bitty or the Pill Bottle will be my next can.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast