Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smallish suppressor for .22lr and / or .25 acp?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you go the trust route, get one that is available from Capital Armory or Silencer Shop or someplace similar. Rolling your own with a random lawyer isn't the best idea.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Rex MG22 is a really nice can and modular, allowing you to add and remove baffles. It also has room for a wipe in the endcap, which really is not necessary on a 22lr can, but if you went very short it may help. I’m a fan of mine, though it is a bit unorthodox in appearance.

https://rexsilentium.com/MG22-EXTREM...SOR-p212049776
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    If you go the trust route, get one that is available from Capital Armory or Silencer Shop or someplace similar. Rolling your own with a random lawyer isn't the best idea.
    I'm considering the individual form. Form 4?

Also reconsidering the gun. The Beretta M21A Bobcats dont have a great reliability rep in .22lr.

I'm thinking I'd like something S&W M&P .22 sized but optic ready. I could settle with even bigger as long as it was light.

I as also think I'd be happier with a longer, more effective suppressor than the Bitty.

I've got the dough I just need to decide what the heck I want.
    Last edited by Ron3; 10-15-20 at 12:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Also reconsidering the gun. The Beretta M21A Bobcats dont have a great reliability rep in .22lr.
    As long as I use mini mags in my 21A it has been pretty reliable. Maybe a couple of issues in 300ish rounds. It definitely doesn't like the bulk pack ammo that I run in my 22/45.

-Edit to add that I've been using the Beretta with a Rugged Oculus in the short configuration and it has been used a few times with a Silencerco Spectre II.
    Last edited by bryanZ06; 10-15-20 at 14:27.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have an HTA B22 which is a shortie can and can be run wet if you want.

Works great on my Beretta 87BB, M&P-22C, and Ruger 10/22s. A tad louder than a Sparrow or whatever the new hotness is, but a short 22LR can with subsonics is very, very quiet.

Feedback Score
    I learned there is no optic ready s& w .22 compact. Its blowback and wouldn't work with an optic on the slide, duh.

Leaning towards the buckmark but I haven't looked up the weight yet. Hopefully it's not real heavy. (Ideally under 30 oz)

I found 4 inch threaded barrels for it and read they are easy to swap.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I have an HTA B22 which is a shortie can and can be run wet if you want.

Works great on my Beretta 87BB, M&P-22C, and Ruger 10/22s. A tad louder than a Sparrow or whatever the new hotness is, but a short 22LR can with subsonics is very, very quiet.
    This is the one I have too. Funny thing, my early gen AAC Pilot and SiCo SS Sparrow turn my 21A into either a repeater or burst fire gun, regardless of what ammo I use. It runs just fine with the B22.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The S&W 22lr pistol is a sweet one with a normal suppressor. I'm not real sure why anyone would want to use a red dot option on one though considering range and the factory sights.

When you go to a Buckmark and red dot, you are going to end up with something a bit bulky. It might be fun though if you are plinking bottle caps off a board placed across fence posts though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I'm considering the individual form. Form 4? ....
    An Individual form 4 is fine if you never want to 'share' your can and have no family that might want to use it without you present. A trust would allow you to add trustees that could legally be in possession of your NFA without you being present.

My friend went this route since he has three children and added them when they turned 18. In retrospect, I sort of wish I went this route myself so he could use a couple of my items without me babysitting him. Those feral hogs need all the NFA love they can get!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    The S&W 22lr pistol is a sweet one with a normal suppressor. I'm not real sure why anyone would want to use a red dot option on one though considering range and the factory sights.

When you go to a Buckmark and red dot, you are going to end up with something a bit bulky. It might be fun though if you are plinking bottle caps off a board placed across fence posts though.
    I want visible sights at the very least.

Might be a case of "get both", though. (Compact suppressed pistol and full-size optic-equipped pistol)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast