Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leupold DeltaPoint

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Leupold DeltaPoint

I recently won a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro NV (thanks, Leupold!). I did some looking here, couldn't find much at all on it, so I'd like to hear opinions from users who have them?
    What are it's strong points, does it have any negative issues, what real world battery life can I expect, anything at all would be useful to know.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    There is a lot of information on the DeltaPoint at brianenos.com forums. The forum is primarily competition based.

Feedback Score
    Congratulations, I never win anything. I think Garand Thumb did a video on the Delta Point Pro, but it's a great optic.

I mean it's garbage and you shouldn't use it, for a small fee I'll take it off your hands and spare you the suffering.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    I recently won a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro NV (thanks, Leupold!). I did some looking here, couldn't find much at all on it, so I'd like to hear opinions from users who have them?
    What are it's strong points, does it have any negative issues, what real world battery life can I expect, anything at all would be useful to know.
    I have one on a Zev slide. Great, large window, nice small crisp dot (plays very well with my astigmatism) replace the battery without removing the optic is a huge plus too. I like it more than my RMR, by a lot. I actually choose to shoot it more because I like it so much. The shake awake, and auto shutoff is great as well. I have not replaced a battery, but I also only have had it since early this year. Give or take 1000 rounds on it.

Things I don't like; I'm not crazy about the adjustment button. Has not been an issue yet but feels cheap and almost soft. The height of the optic also makes running irons, even suppressor height ones not really work. To the point I am using an old plastic Glock front sight as a hole plug.

I will keep using it until something breaks, but so far I am very happy with mine.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I’ve had one on my CZ Scorpion for like two years and haven’t changed the battery. I did a set and forget with an ADM QD mount and haven’t lost zero. I like it a lot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I appreciate all the responses so far, thanks to all who replied, I am a total noob with mini red dots.

Tigereye, I will check out brianenos.com as well, thanks for that info.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    ..... The height of the optic also makes running irons, even suppressor height ones not really work....
    Your choice of words makes me want to ask for details. I'm curious as to what you meant when you typed "not really work." Does that mean you can't see a suppressor height front sight at all?

Thanks for the lengthy reply, it's greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by LMT Shooter; 07-14-20 at 17:51.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    Your choice of words makes me want to ask for details. I'm curious as to what you meant when you typed "not really work." Does that mean you can't see a suppressor height front sight at all?

Thanks for the lengthy reply, it's greatly appreciated.
    Yeah that was a poor choice in wording I apologize.

The DPP sits higher than most optics, and that means that not all suppressor height sights will co-witness with the optic. There are a few on the market where you can get a lower 1/3 cowitness, just not standard suppressor heights sights. My Zev is milled to where the rear sight is not even an option unless I have the DPP model with the built in rear which I do not have.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an older DeltaPoint. It is a major pain in the ass to zero. I don't think I was able to get it to hold zero on anything so it's been sitting on the shelf for a few years. On another note Leupolds famed quality and customer service seems to have taken a nosedive. I returned a pair of binoculars over 4 months ago and am still waiting on a replacement. I have a VX-3i LRP that needs to go back as I have never been able to zero it because the windage does not adjust to the right.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's a decent plinking or hunting optic. I like the motion on, I hate the brightness adjustment location. Unlike the original deltapoint is easy to adjust.

Mine is on my kids suppressed m&p 15-22.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast