Thread: Precision rifle picatinny rail for Atlas bipod

Feedback Score

Precision rifle picatinny rail for Atlas bipod

I’d like to add a small section of rail to my Bergara HMR Pro so that I can upgrade my 25 year old Harris bipod to an Atlas. My old Harris bipod only attaches to sling swivel and doesn’t work on my AR’s.
    I want to use the same Atlas on bipod on my AR’s which Atlas bipod?
    Which rail section is recommended for a precision bolt gun?
    I want to avoid adding a bunch of weight to my bolt gun but need something very stable and solidly attached.
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    The "Atlas BT46-LW17 PSR Bipod 1913 Picatinny Rail Mount 5" to 9" Aluminum Black" is the one I'm leaning towards. Is this the best choice? Which rail / attachment should I get to use with my bolt gun?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have the older Atlas version that I use on my my HMR. My next Atlas will be a PSR.

The Accushot BT17 4" rail is what I used to mount the bipod.

https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_ne...1913-rail.html

You also need this kit but just for the longer screws. You won't use the threaded inserts.

https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_ne...tener-set.html

I think you can get a similar product from Seekins and probably other places.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Whatever Triad Tactical sells. I pick the size based on my sling stud hole locations. If you don't already have 2 sling stud holes, you may have to inlet the fasteners.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm using a Seekins Precision UBM mount. I have one on my Seekins Havak rifle and also on a Remington 5R rifle. I've used an Atlas bipod and also a Magpul bipod on both of these rails and they work fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I'm using a Seekins Precision UBM mount. I have one on my Seekins Havak rifle and also on a Remington 5R rifle. I've used an Atlas bipod and also a Magpul bipod on both of these rails and they work fine.
    I have Seekins rail and rings on this rifle and they are excellent so will get the Seekins bottom ring too.

How is the Seekins Havak rifle? I looked at that one closely and have heard mixed feedback. How is the accuracy in yours and what caliber?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have the Havak PH2 in 6.5PRC and love it! I recently shot it at a 1000 yard long range course and easily hit a 10" gong at 1000. I can easily keep 1/2" or less groups at 100.