Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Safariland holster for concealed carry?

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I agree with hardtohandle. I have multiple 6378 holsters, I do not consider them a CCW unless a winter jacket is used.
    Have been using 6378s for the last 6-7 years for both my g26 and g17s.
    As a longtime martial arts type who realizes a scuffle may happen before you can access your gun, I won’t use a holster without decent retention, and this model is great.
    HOWEVER - I am 6’5”, 270#, and wear only t-shirts in summer, and Hawaiian shirts the rest of the year - and have never had any concealment/printing concerns.

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I’ve got leather, IWB and OWB (Sparks).

I’ve never been a fan of the thumb break style holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    OP are you opposed to leather with a thumb break?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I’ve been on Safariland’s website for the last few days, looking, and researching. I’m finding out that your statement is holding true.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I would consider Safariland only for duty and other open-carry gear.

Feedback Score

OWB Holster Glock 17

Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I’ve got leather, IWB and OWB (Sparks).

I’ve never been a fan of the thumb break style holsters.
    I picked up this holster from Weapon Outfitters, however it is no longer listed on their website. Here is the link for the manufacturer's website.

I have owned a lot of holsters, and I am not normally partial to plastic holsters but it is well made and fits snug against your body minimizing printing.

For under $50.00 it may be worth a try.

https://rcsgear.com/perun-owb-holster-glock-17/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    Safariland has the 6378 ALS - fairly secure, but none too concealable. It is sort of a minimized duty holster. Besides the relative security, it does have the relative ease of converting to paddle or various belt attachments.

I may also have an old Safariland IWB for a Hi Power too. I really don’t associate Safariland with good CCW.
    One of my favorite holsters.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12