Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogers super stock

Feedback Score

Rogers super stock

Are these good to go. I have a new 11.5 colt 6943 coming and was thinking of putting one on it.

Feedback Score
    Rogers Super Stocs come on factory Colt rifles for a period of time. They haven't been used for many years. They were Colt branded and can be found for sale pretty often.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by minuteman1636; 07-15-20 at 23:18.
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Colt stopped using them for a reason. They did not get rave reviews, and were typically replaced ASAP when they reached the buyer / owner. Notice that you never see them in pics.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Colt stopped using them for a reason. They did not get rave reviews, and were typically replaced ASAP when they reached the buyer / owner. Notice that you never see them in pics.
    You make a great point that I failed to mention. I think the only reason people buy them (Colt branded) are to have as part of their collection.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    I actually kind of like them. I first saw one on a factory Wilson Combat rifle and ended up using a few on my builds.

Lately though, I like the Hogue stock.

Feedback Score

What is your favorite sub $100 adjustable stock

I have a new colt on the way and I don’t like their collapsible stock. What are your favorites that are sub $100?

A little cheek weld is nice. I will be using a carry handle rear sight and a flip up colt front sight on a 11.5 barrel.

Thanks for your help

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    B5 SOPMOD.

ETA: Threads were merged- this was originally posted in a threat titled "Favorite stocks under $100", for context.
    Last edited by GTF425; 07-16-20 at 08:03.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I love them. They're lighter than Magpul stuff and they fit very tightly on the buffer tubes so there's no rattle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I still make extensive use of the old style CAR stock. The actual Colt N1s are pricey nowadays as they are highly sought-after by collectors and cloners but copies are available from places like M&A Parts and Brownells for like $25-$40, possibly less if you check the used parts bins of your local gun shops.

I just kinda like them. Are they going to be everyone’s cup of tea? No, but they are compact, light and relatively sleek.

That being said, I’m working on a Recce build and for that I’m going to use a BCM stock as I think its a better choice for that purpose.

Feedback Score
    Thanks I am looking for a little more cheekweld

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast