Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best light for beam and throw for less than 75 yards

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Mod Lite all the way, need extreme throw go with the OKW, prefer more spill PLHv2. Truly awesome lights.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehgbyf View Post
    It is going on a colt 6943 which has the monolithic upper. It is a mil spec rail.
    I run the Arisaka offset picatinny mount on my guns that have picatinny rails. The Modlite PLHv2 is the way to go for what you are looking for. I run the 18350 and 18650 versions on most of my short barrel guns and the OKW on all my Recce type guns with variable powered optics. I do have a few Surefire DF light heads on Reptilia 18350 bodies on some guns as well.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Mod Lite all the way, need extreme throw go with the OKW, prefer more spill PLHv2. Truly awesome lights.
    Though I don't own any Mod Lite product, a friend of mine who is a warrant officer in a major city uses the PLHv2 on the hand held body and speaks highly of it. He tried the OKW first but found that for his use (room clearing), it did not have a bright enough spill. For a rifle-mounted WML though it is excellent.

A few other points to consider;

1. Depending on how much you use the light strictly as weapon-mounted, you may find having such a useful light attached to a weapon 24/7 not the best way to make the most of it. In that regard, you could consider the hand held version with a 1-inch mount to attach it to the rifle. In my case as a civilian, I get much more use out of the light as a hand held and can quickly/securely attach it to the rifle as needed.
    2. Malkoff recently introduced their E2XTD head (680 lumens/70,000 candela) which has the same output specs as the OKW. I have one of those that I use on a handheld and as is the case with Malkoff products, is excellent. It can also be used on Arisaka or any other E-series bodies as a dedicated WML.

Here is a Vltor mount for attaching a hand held light (in this case a Malkoff Hound Dog 18650);

The Malkoff E2XTD on a Surefire E-series body;

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12