Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best light for beam and throw for less than 75 yards

Feedback Score

Best light for beam and throw for less than 75 yards

I am new to lights and I can seem to find a good quality light that gives you some throw but a good beam out to 75-10o yards.

The arisaka lights look great but they told me their light is mostly a beam.

Is the surefire 300 a better option?

Any suggestions.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    https://modlite.com/collections/weap...31650514796580

The modlight products are head and shoulders above everything else I've used. The size of the rechargeable 18350s is excellent, and you don't have to keep shelling out $$$ for CR123s. The package comes with everything you need except for a mount, but they use the SF Scout footprint, for which there are several good options. The most I would recommend is another 1 or 2 18350 cells.

Light throw is excellent, with very good close-range spill. It's literally exactly what I've been looking for in a light for a long time.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Do the batteries stay charged for a while or do you have to charge them from time to time?

That is the only issue I have with rechargeable batteries.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehgbyf View Post
    Do the batteries stay charged for a while or do you have to charge them from time to time?
    That is the only issue I have with rechargeable batteries.
    They get around 30 minutes of continuous run time, which is about half of a single 123, but the PLHV2 is pushing way more usable light.
    If you need longer run time, go to the 18650. That said, unless you're doing continuous "light on" enclosure clearance, 30 min is a lot of time if used in 5-10 second bursts.
    While I always carry at least one backup battery, I have rarely needed to use it even over multiple nights of hog eradication.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Jack how long do the batteries stay charged if you are not using the light? Ie just sitting in the safe.

Feedback Score
    I got a modlite a few months ago and I charged the battery before I put it in. I ops checked it and messed around at night with it, but other than that it just sat there. I just did a night shoot with the same battery and it’s still going strong. It is an 18650.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Jack how long do the batteries stay charged if you are not using the light? Ie just sitting in the safe.
    I haven't had an issue, every time I grab it from the safe it works, but I usually drop in a new battery if I know I'm going to use it, so I can't really say.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Are the arisaka offset mounts good to go? The look like the get light close to the gun and out of the way.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Are the arisaka offset mounts good to go? The look like the get light close to the gun and out of the way.
    The Arisaka is pretty good, but if you have an MLok handguard, the KAC mount is pretty much optimal. I am biased though.
    https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/produ...t-light-mount/
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    It is going on a colt 6943 which has the monolithic upper. It is a mil spec rail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast