Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last round bolt open on 9mm AR?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    Im really interested in the Troy "Other" in 9mm since it is legal in NJ. I noticed the bolt doesn't remain open on last round. Is this the case with most 9mm AR type Carbines/SBR? Any opinions re. Troy in this platform?
    I have the Angstadt Arms 9mm AR. It uses Glock mags and has LRBHO.. the AA pistol has a great trigger and is about 3 MOA at 100 yards. A very gun to shoot and has been 100% reliable. Highly recommend it.. now if only 9mm would be like the good old days and .15 cents for range feed ammo!

Feedback Score
    I went with the New Frontier Arms __Upper__ with the LRBHO integrated in that, it worked great last summer. Shot it a fair amount but also had to dial in my AR22 I built also (much cheaper to shoot). For my next AR9 build I got the New Frontier Armory Side Charging Upper with LRBHO feature also. Just need a handguard and I can start to build that, probably next month.

LRBHO isn't a must, but it's a very, very nice feature. I personally wouldn't purchase a 9mm without it now.
    Last edited by Skunk Pilot; 02-02-21 at 02:40.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." Thomas Jefferson

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    I have 3 brands of Glock compatible LRBHO guns. I have a PSA lowered pistol. It was $99 for the lower. It works perfect. They no longer make them.

I have a Matrix Aero that works perfect. I bought that lower stripped from PA. Last time I checked they only sell the lower with an upper.

I have a Extar9 which is super duper. It's a complete gun for $450 shipped. https://www.extarusa.com/

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have a Foxtrot Mike Glock lower with LRBHO and it has worked perfectly during the limited shooting I have managed with it. Now that I have my AR9 running correctly I really miss ammunition availability.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I recently bought a Christensen Arms CA 9 pistol. It has a last round hold open feature and uses Glock mags. Receiver is 1075 and it has a carbon fiber wrapped 7.5" barrel.
    CA 9mm.jpg
    Last edited by larryp; 03-21-21 at 14:42. Reason: Typo
    Paranoia is more than a personality trait, it's a survival skill.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Not all 9mm LRBHO setups are equal.

Some utilize a mil-spec bolt catch and some kind of bent wire to actuate it.

The mil-spec catches generally aren't up to the task of stopping a very heavy 9mm bolt and are prone to breakage unless a longer buffer is used to reduce the over travel.

The Foxtrot Mike lower does it right with a very beefy 9mm specific bolt catch that is actuated via a torsion bar.

There may be others that have something as good, but the FM design is excellent.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you want LRBHO, FM is the way to go.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Perhaps the best firearm advice I ever got was Clint recommending a FM Glock lower for a 9mm build I was having issues with.

Mine locks open with 15, 17, and 33 rd Glock mags plus 17, 27 rd Magpul mags. It also runs with 115, 124, 147 gr ball and 124 +P and 147 gr gold dots.

I thought I would not care about my AR-9 having LRBHO but would not accept one without it now.

Andy

P.S. It is pretty ugly, but that is the nature of the beast with Glock AR lowers.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-21-21 at 17:22.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Perhaps the best firearm advice I ever got was Clint recommending a FM Glock lower for a 9mm build I was having issues with.

Mine locks open with 15, 17, and 33 rd Glock mags plus 17, 27 rd Magpul mags. It also runs with 115, 124, 147 gr ball and 124 +P and 147 gr gold dots.

I thought I would not care about my AR-9 having LRBHO but would not accept one without it now.

Andy

P.S. It is pretty ugly, but that is the nature of the beast with Glock AR lowers.
    Nah. It’s a beautiful thing!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Last round bolt open on 9mm AR?

I have a PSA Glock 9mm lower that has worked great with any ammo. No issues.
    It doesn’t have a LRBHO. I’m considering getting a FM lower just for that. It’s not the end of the world, but who wouldn’t be ok with an extra lower?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast