Thread: AK - mounting a white light?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xpd54
    TDI lower:

Now that's what I'm talkin about!

Is that an A or B?

Feedback Score
    It's an X200A. Surefire came out with a remote tape switch for it recently and I might order one soon. I haven't decided if I'm gonna leave the 200A on my rifle or put the 200B I have on it. I'll probably keep the 200A on it cuz the beam is projected further w/ the 200A.
    "When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." -Chief Tecumseh

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The consensus seems to be that the A is better outside, and the B is better inside. The A on your carbine should work well. Before you get the tape switch, have you considered mounting the light to the left side and using your support-hand thumb to activate the rocker switch?

Feedback Score
    I actually use my trigger finger of my left hand to activate the light. I like to hold the rifle with my weak hand back closer to the magazine, but the small rail doesn't allow me to move the flashlight back any further, hence, the tape switch.
    "When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." -Chief Tecumseh

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If you get the Picatinny mount you could put in on the 6:00 rail closer to your hand...

Feedback Score
    I know I could, but my goal for this rifle was to get a good reliable rifle that I could use for a variety of purposes w/o spending an arm and a leg on. Right now, I have almost exaclty what I want. To put the finishing touches on it, I can either spend @ $65 on a switch or another $200-400 on it for a quality picatinny rail. I'd rather just get the switch and spend the rest on ammo or training.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    no, no, no...

get the Picatinny rail grabber for your SF light (you may already have it) and use it on your existing lower rail!

Feedback Score
    Oh, OK. I'm following ya now. I tried that. For some reason, I never cared for lights at 6 o'clock. I have always had them at 3 o'clock.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I went with the SF M83 on my Arsenal.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    I like this idea but Laser Devices must be out of their mind to charge $88 for this:
    Yes they are. That's why I use this:
    http://www.laserdevices.com/devicere...13+Mount-Short

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast