Thread: Who has experience with Dry Fire Mag and/or MantisX?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Who has experience with Dry Fire Mag and/or MantisX?

My training has slacked significantly and I want to return to a consistent routine. Numerous factors limit my live fire training so I am looking to replace most of that with dry fire exercises. I found both these products through some searching, and see now the DFM is integrating MantisX 2 with their mags. MantisX 10 seems to speak for itself, especially for live fire training. I am hoping DFM w/ ManitsX 2 will provide real time skills improvement, provided I do my part. Will I benefit from starting with DFM/Mantis, then adding the 10 at some point? My budget is limited at the moment- I think I'll need new holsters to get maximum benefit if I am using the rail mounted MantisX10. I'd appreciate feedback & opinions on either of these products, especially if using them enhances real world applications.
    Last edited by Co-gnARR; 07-17-20 at 11:30.

Feedback Score
    I've had the DFM for approx. 1 year. I've noticed improved accuracy when I do get to the range for live fire. I try to be consistent with my dry-fire routine. Really appreciate not having to rack for trigger reset. Interested in seeing the result of DFM/Mantis integration. Bottom-line...I think the DFM is worth the investment. Just my opinion with the range carry-over results I've seen.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thank you for the feedback. Not racking the slide is the big selling point for me. I think in order to get the most benefit from the whole system I will wind up using both DFM/M and the MantisX . Really curious to see how the MantisX does with live fire analysis and feedback.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I own a sirt pistol. To me it feels like a real glock. I've owned the laser and infered versions and I got away from laser because I couldnt stop from watching the laser. I also use a trainer some times that works with an ir camera and computer. Honestly, though using the computer program is not as helpful as just dry firing and working on draw and trigger pull. When I use the computer I feel like I'm doing great but I'm not focusing on my consistent draw and trigger pull. Instead I'm focusing on speed. The issue is it looks great because there is no recoil so it's easy to look great. It's just not as effective as focusing on the fundamentals. It is good to use when I want to see if practice is working and speed is maintained or faster.

Feedback Score
    The SIRT is a decent training tool. Unfortunately I've had to send mine back for service on three separate occasions. The COOL FIRE trainer is a good piece of gear. If you haven't used it, it allows you to use your firearm. You just change out the barrel and recoil spring with the one provided. Charge the barrel with gas/CO2 and go. What's beneficial is your getting reps with your pistol, sights, and trigger-pull, with felt recoil. I get about 15-20 trigger pulls per charge. Pretty decent recoil. The only downside...it's a pricey initial investment. I find myself spending more time with the DRYFIRE Mag.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post
    Really curious to see how the MantisX does with live fire analysis and feedback.
    This is where the Mantis lost me. In actual live fire, the results on target did not jive with the data the Mantis was giving me. Same story rifle and pistol. I double checked settings/setup and purposefully went out. I could "game" it and shoot higher numbers on the Mantis and achieve lesser results on target and vice versa.

I see the benefit of it for novice shooters in learning the value of not disturbing the sights during trigger press. If you have a RDS pistol and anything but an iron-sighted rifle and accountability in calling your shot, it's not necessary. I do see a pitfall of guys "chasing" high numbers and saying: "Well, I always get 98-99+ on my Mantis"...and thinking it's the apex of performance when it's only telling part of the story.