Quote Originally Posted by Ventenberry View Post
My original purpose for my post was to alert fellow righty's that if they were spending their money on Arcteryx, Patagonia and other clothing, they were spending their money on leftist causes. I'm not really interested in debating which jacket has this cool feature or not, or did the U.S. government buy some of their product, etc.

Again, they are basically the same materials of polyester, nylon, cotton, spandex and other common fabrics that Arcteryx did not invent but use for marketing purposes.

I don't buy anything from Starbucks and other lefty companies and when I can I buy from somewhere else.

A softshell jacket is a jacket to me, only major difference is how thick it is. I don't care about a silly little dinosaur print. You people are as bad as Democrats trying to virtue signal, but in this case you are signaling a supposedly important "operator" status.
Sounds like you're not the target demographic for this kind of clothing; I don't see any provided alternate brands, and your comments suggest that you don't actually understand why many of us buy clothing from these brands. Features matter when you're using the equipment for its intended environment. For me, running around with a softshell jacket isn't about being "operator", it's about having a jacket that is water and wind resistant that still has good breathability, while being used as an outer layer in my layering system, while potentially wearing specialized gear, such as helmets, rucks, harnesses, etc., so those various features and specific cuts absolutely make a difference for my use case, far beyond just the material used.