Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a favorite soft-shell jacket?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Collaborators? Not "businessmen" or "capitalists"? Rhetorical, don't answer.

Made is US is my preference, but not my mountain to die on. I also wear Salomon, and have a Suunto (both owned by the same Chinese consortium that owns Arc'teryx).

Circling back, today my preference is Beyond, but I have no problem with most of the others.
    The former DNI disagrees with your assessment of businessmen and capitalists working with China.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...est-threat-am/

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventenberry View Post
    The former DNI disagrees with your assessment of businessmen and capitalists working with China.

I could not care less. Still quality kit.

Do you drive? By purchasing fuel are you OK with indirectly supporting governments who have actively funded terrorism against us? Pick your battles. I have chosen mine.
    Last edited by chuckman; 02-26-21 at 11:16.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Do you drive? By purchasing fuel are you OK with indirectly supporting governments who have actively funded terrorism against us? Pick your battles. I have chosen mine.
    Most of these ****s have holosun optics on their guns and their phones are made using cheap Chinese labor.

The hypocrisy is mind blowing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Most of these ****s have holosun optics on their guns and their phones are made using cheap Chinese labor.

The hypocrisy is mind blowing.
    I drive and American car, wave an American flag, drink American beer, but I have to admit that from time to time I have ordered Chinese food to go...

Back on topic, has anyone ever tried any Eberlestock clothing? I have their halftrack pack from a few years ago and love it. My buddy and I finally decided we need to put together a Colorado elk hunting trip, and I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations on clothing. I own a few Kuiu items, that are great, but with Ammo costs and the wife looking at a new house, I'm wondering about some decently priced layering I can find for a mid-season hunt.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I drive and American car, wave an American flag, drink American beer, but I have to admit that from time to time I have ordered Chinese food to go...

Back on topic, has anyone ever tried any Eberlestock clothing? I have their halftrack pack from a few years ago and love it. My buddy and I finally decided we need to put together a Colorado elk hunting trip, and I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations on clothing. I own a few Kuiu items, that are great, but with Ammo costs and the wife looking at a new house, I'm wondering about some decently priced layering I can find for a mid-season hunt.
    I know someone who really likes their Afterburner pants, says they are rugged and nearly indestructible, and that's as far as my knowledge of their non-pack line goes....

Feedback Score

False equivalency. Do you wear clothes? I do and when I decide what clothes to buy, country of origin is one of the factors in that decision along with many other product purchases. Unfortunately, I don't have the option to pick and choose my automotive gasoline based upon country of origin. But if I did, I wouldn't buy gasoline imported from China.

It's sort of like after a day's work and I want to wind down, I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

Feedback Score
    I know someone who really likes their Afterburner pants, says they are rugged and nearly indestructible, and that's as far as my knowledge of their non-pack line goes....
    Thanks for quick feedback
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This will be my next jacket (assuming I can sell some shit off to buy it): https://beyondclothing.com/products/...32446137401406 But their non-mil/non-"Mission" line is great, too: https://beyondclothing.com/collections/jackets A friend of mine is a PJ, swears by them.
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    FYI not all their stuff is made in the US. It will say made in the USA on the page otherwise its made overseas.
    I believe their 'Mission' line is Berry compliant/made in the US.
    chuckman- Alpha Lochi is GTG, both as an external and as a liner, and is USA. The K3 Prima Lochi is an import, GTG, and substantially identical. Rule of thumb- Axios line is Berry, Kyros line is import. A bunch of the Axios gear is available in a Kyros model. Another example would be the K5 Aptus and A5 Stretch Alpha. There may be minor differences between some pieces.

mod voice: You've made your position clear and are now just crapping up the thread. If you don't have something gear specific, like a review or technical information to offer don't post in this thread again.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    chuckman- Alpha Lochi is GTG, both as an external and as a liner, and is USA. The K3 Prima Lochi is an import, GTG, and substantially identical. Rule of thumb- Axios line is Berry, Kyros line is import. A bunch of the Axios gear is available in a Kyros model. Another example would be the K5 Aptus and A5 Stretch Alpha. There may be minor differences between some pieces.

mod voice: You've made your position clear and are now just crapping up the thread. If you don't have something gear specific, like a review or technical information to offer don't post in this thread again.
    I disagree with you, perhaps I should start another thread based upon Chinese vs. American or other goods and what does that mean to you?

But if you ban me from this website, it only proves that you aren't interested in legitimate discussion and would rather censor people based upon your opinion or the corporations that control you.
    Last edited by Ventenberry; 02-26-21 at 19:13.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    But if you ban me from this website, it only proves that you aren't interested in legitimate discussion and would rather censor people based upon your opinion or the corporations that control you.
    No, it doesn't mean that. It means you are persisting to go on and on about something this thread is not about. Feel free to starts a new thread.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast