Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a favorite soft-shell jacket?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am a jacket whore, and the soft shell I’ve received the most compliments on is my Otte Gear soft shells. The comments have been from mil, LE, civilian circles, and people in church.

Regarding hard shell compliments, and again I’m meaning knowledgable person, the Arcteryx LEAF has led the way.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I second the Arc’Teryx hard shell comment.

Once I bought my first Arc’Teryx gear, I have now transitioned to nearly exclusive use of their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I am a jacket whore, and the soft shell I’ve received the most compliments on is my Otte Gear soft shells. The comments have been from mil, LE, civilian circles, and people in church.

Regarding hard shell compliments, and again I’m meaning knowledgable person, the Arcteryx LEAF has led the way.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    I am a jacket whore,....
    Define Jacket "Whore"? when i was seriously into skiing, backcountry, climbing, mountaineering and other outdoor stuff( My younger days), I could go an entire month without wearing the same soft shell twice.

Had a skiing partner who had so many out door jackets. Her Closet rod snapped...LOL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Travelingchild View Post
    Define Jacket "Whore"? when i was seriously into skiing, backcountry, climbing, mountaineering and other outdoor stuff( My younger days), I could go an entire month without wearing the same soft shell twice.

Had a skiing partner who had so many out door jackets. Her Closet rod snapped...LOL
    This is like chicks with their Coach purses, but interesting. Carry on.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Late to this bought a Arc’teryx some 10 years ago best money spent on a jacket I use in winter and camping and holding up insane well and as said for weight what it is amazing never over heats and keeps me warm when I think it should not ?

I think any high quality modern shell can be good but IMHO be able to return try it on see how it fits you etc...
    but to me the Arc’teryx seem to be the magic jacket and will buy again when I need one

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Lightweight fave is LEAF combat jacket. Favorite heavier softshell, i'm still rocking the OG gamma from Arcteryx 2001 which should put into perspective how good their stuff used to be.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    This is like chicks with their Coach purses, but interesting. Carry on.
    Slightly off topic, but I have friends that have ski/snowboard collections that would rival M4 members AR 15 collections.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    25% off coupon code for Beyond- SUMMERX

Quote Originally Posted by Travelingchild View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I have friends that have ski/snowboard collections that would rival M4 members AR 15 collections.
    Yup, I know a couple of those too.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Lightweight fave is LEAF combat jacket. Favorite heavier softshell, i'm still rocking the OG gamma from Arcteryx 2001 which should put into perspective how good their stuff used to be.
    Just to clarify, you’re saying the quality has declined since ‘01?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast