Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a favorite soft-shell jacket?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventenberry View Post
    Arc'teryx and Patagonia are far left companies that support BLM and other left causes.
    Outdoor Research is the same. https://www.outdoorresearch.com/blog...n-the-outdoors

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like the Freedom Country ones that I picked up at Sam's Club. They are comfortable, light, and work well enough for the weather here.
    Wil
    See how easy life can be?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How about a softshell that has these features in mind. It doesnt have to be tactical just have these features.

1. Lightweight but warm in 30* and up.
    2. I carry a gun everyday appendix it has to flair or not be tight at the waste.
    3. Something not so damn expensive. Ok $300 for the r and d is one thing but $600-700 what the heck. I'm not doing what all these jackets are made for but I want the benefits lol.

Is there something like that?

Feedback Score
    Arc'teryx, and particularly the LEAF stuff is Gucci as it gets (although Mammut, OTTE Gear, Wild Things Tactical, and a few others are at or near the same level) but really not necessary and you are dealing with Law Of Diminishing Returns BIG TIME when you get into the realm of $500+ soft shells and even more than that for hard shells.
    Marmot, Outdoor Research, Mountain Hardwear are all outstanding quality and in my opinion better value, unless one has access to massively discounted pricing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    It was the A5 Rig lightweight. It’s not a knock on Beyond at all, as I would gladly buy from them again for any garment that fit my body type well. Beyond Clothing customer service is top-notch btw.
    Thanks. The Rig is a great jacket, but it and several others tend to be a little more form-fit with less bulk. I have average to slender arms, so if you're a popeye I can see why they'd be snug. Yes, the folks at Beyond are great and CS is top notch. Do report back on what you end up with.

In general... The premium outdoor brands all have their politics, but when you need their level of performance or specialization that's where you go. OR, Patagonia, Fjallraven, Arcteryx, Beyond also have well established histories of supporting warfighters and rescuers, along with hunters and conservation. Certain other brands as well. There are more RKBA and conservative purists, but those tend to come with some combination of a .mil/tactical look, narrower product line, and lack of integrated systems. If that's okay and meets your needs, buy that stuff.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    I am, too - good to know I am in excellent company.
    I was too when I lived in the NE. Two closets full of jackets. Personally was always happy with North Face stuff. Now that I'm in FL, not buying new jackets and most of what I have does not get worn.

I'm still a bag ho however, and have way too many bags than I could use...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really like the Vicktos soft shell.

Feedback Score
    I really like my Arc'teryx gear. I am on my 2nd Beta hardshell, have the Covert, Thorium, Gamma, and LEAF Atom. I managed to wear out my first hardshell over the course of about 7 years wearing it almost daily as well as out camping and hiking. For softshell (no hood) I really like my Gamma and would likely replace it with another if it wears out.

Does anyone have a good online source for LEAF gear? I got my one piece from an outlet and am interested in more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Thanks. The Rig is a great jacket, but it and several others tend to be a little more form-fit with less bulk. I have average to slender arms, so if you're a popeye I can see why they'd be snug. Yes, the folks at Beyond are great and CS is top notch. Do report back on what you end up with.

In general... The premium outdoor brands all have their politics, but when you need their level of performance or specialization that's where you go. OR, Patagonia, Fjallraven, Arcteryx, Beyond also have well established histories of supporting warfighters and rescuers, along with hunters and conservation. Certain other brands as well. There are more RKBA and conservative purists, but those tend to come with some combination of a .mil/tactical look, narrower product line, and lack of integrated systems. If that's okay and meets your needs, buy that stuff.
    There is no reason for a righty to buy lefty products when they have the same capability to buy from their own side with an equal product. I do not believe that Arcteryx, Patagonia and other leftist companies have some secret space magic science to their materials other than a marketing name. They are all blends of polyester, cotton, spandex and other fabrics but given unique marketing names.

So, go ahead and buy from Arcteryx, Patagonia and other lefties but you are contributing to your own demise.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventenberry View Post
    There is no reason for a righty to buy lefty products when they have the same capability to buy from their own side with an equal product. I do not believe that Arcteryx, Patagonia and other leftist companies have some secret space magic science to their materials other than a marketing name. They are all blends of polyester, cotton, spandex and other fabrics but given unique marketing names.

So, go ahead and buy from Arcteryx, Patagonia and other lefties but you are contributing to your own demise.
    Credit should be given where credit is due. 80% off all advancements in outdoor outerwear is because of Arcteryx. You can bash them all you want but if you talk to any guy in the special forces community they will tell you that Arcteryx's gear is outstanding. Because they listen and have for years. A 2002 Arcteryx Goretex jacket weighs a pound and a half more than their current gen - a pound and a half. You think they do that without R&D or without Military input? If we are talking about generic softshells - yea most of the stuff is the same at this point because Arcteryx invented the modern softshell as we know it in 2000 - 20 years ago. I would disagree that Arcteryx is contributing to your own demise. Yes, they are a bunch of hippies but they know their shit and have no issue making gear for special forces around the world. You dont hear of any walkouts because of the mil / police contracts.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast