Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The UNLOVED GUN - the FNX 9

Feedback Score
    I have the FNX 45 , and have shot it quite a bit. It gets hot in the summer in Montana, and I've never had a "squishy" grip. Just saying......

Feedback Score
    I've had a FNP-9 for years. Totally reliable, always. It runs with good ammo, sloppy reloads, anything. Accurate enough. I've read that FN's customer service is sloppy, but then I haven't needed any. I agree that FN seems to keep jumping to new models, (trying to find a real winner, I'd guess).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    I have the FNX 45 , and have shot it quite a bit. It gets hot in the summer in Montana, and I've never had a "squishy" grip. Just saying......
    I don't think this has the notorious squishy grip. I only did this very MILD test to see if under very normal conditions - 30 min in the sun before noon - and only WARM to handle - completely reasonable - to see if there was ANY impact. I did it JUST to see - becuase the grip does flex more than my P30, and the notorious FNX 45 video.

Because there was a known problem, and it is 'known' that the dude with the squishy FNX 45 had a lemon, and FN is 'not some bubbas in Turkey', I DID NOT expect it to do this. It was a bit of a shock to me. It is otherwise a solidly built firearm with MANY good features. If I dump it it is more because of the safety bite issue - which I do NOT get in the HK P30S.

But getting a warm gun to NOT fully cycle in DA with both hands astounds me.

BTW: I have put a hair dryer to my HK P30 and CZ P07 and made the whole FCG area hot to hold and they didn't fail like this. MAYBE I have a 'lemon' FNX. I Don't know. I do suspect FNX may have problems with their polymer.
    Last edited by m4brian; 07-19-20 at 12:18.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    HK, Glock, S&W, hell even SIG Sauer has figure out how to make a non-bendy polymer handgun lower.

FN figured it out with the SCAR lowers, but I guess they can't share the secret sauce with the Pistol division.

FN just can't seem to gain any substantial traction with pistols and things like this kill even the remote desire to try one.

Love FN rifles, but their pistols...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    And at least this is not another BORING Glock or Glock wannabe thread. Boring!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I actually had an FNX Tac .45 that I shot suppressed for 4-5 years. No grip squishy. I think I just have better luck than most folks. The only gun that used to give me fits was the G19 with BTF but the Gen5 seems to have fixed that.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I actually had an FNX Tac .45 that I shot suppressed for 4-5 years. No grip squishy. I think I just have better luck than most folks. The only gun that used to give me fits was the G19 with BTF but the Gen5 seems to have fixed that.
    Oddly enough when I was in the shop I saw a NIB FNX 45. The DA seemed MUCH lighter and the safety seemed not to be in the way as much. I ALMOST purchased it on the spot - but now glad I did not. I don't think a shop would allow a hairdryer test prior to sale... Just saying.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I wonder if FN has any success in selling these en mass to any LE / Military around the world. They must sell them to someone as package deals with their rifles / MGs, but I don't know who. Not very popular in the US, outside of Columbia SC Police Dept who probably get them for free.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    HK, Glock, S&W, hell even SIG Sauer has figure out how to make a non-bendy polymer handgun lower.

FN figured it out with the SCAR lowers, but I guess they can't share the secret sauce with the Pistol division.

FN just can't seem to gain any substantial traction with pistols and things like this kill even the remote desire to try one.

Love FN rifles, but their pistols...

**cough, cough...hi power...cough cough**

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had an FNP-45 that was the house gun for a long time. I bought it early on, tricked out with a Surefire U Boat, a ton of OEM mags and shot quite a bit to ensure reliability, accuracy, so forth and so on. It was good to go, ate any and all 45ACP out on the market (never used reloads in it) and was accurate. A year down the road, while shooting up the loaded mags after about sitting 6 months, I got a squishy trigger instead of a "bang" or "click" figured it was a bad primer, waited a bit, did a tap rack and "squishy" trigger again. I had quite a few mags with so swapping out mags and ammo, all factory loaded by the Big 3, was not an issue. This resulted in a few dead trigger issues but nothing to pinpoint it, ie always happened with Rem 230 FMJ and Mag 7 etc etc. Oh and as you all know and do but bears repeating, label/number your mags clearly. Anyway the FNP went back to FN Service Dept on my dime, came back "corrected" but had another two squishy trigger episodes then squishy grip issue. I was going to make it a range only gun, like I needed one more of those! My buddy said he would buy it knowing everything that happened, it became his "Range Toy". He used it for bit then went back to FN again for the "Squishy trigger" issue another 2X. He still has it and it mostly sits in his safe, every year it comes out to eat a few mags then away it goes. I would never buy another of any of those FNP/FNX/FNS series no matter what the great deal is. I'm even hesitant to buy the new 509 series although its getting rave reviews. As mentioned above, maybe the FN rifle division finally shared there polymer recipe with FN pistol division because no one wants to submit a squishy gun to Uncle Sam for trials lol!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast