Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: PSA: Stop feeding the retards

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Yeah, well some Millennials are supervising EMS agencies, fighting fire, riding helos, fighting terrorism, manning riot lines, 1SG’ing Reserve units, taking up the 2a cause, etc. Some are doing several, with no/few days off.

What if I told you most Unit Members are Millennials? Do you even know what that means?

Enjoy your keyboard. I’ll be there to defibrillate you and/or confiscate your meth in due time.

Edit: Nothing? No one? Thats what I thought. Continue your previously scheduled LVAD programming.
    Really, you had to go back two weeks to find something to get butt hurt about? Run a lap and shake it off.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Really, you had to go back two weeks to find something to get butt hurt about? Run a lap and shake it off.
    First time I checked this thread in a while. Didn’t look at dates. That rant wasn’t directed at you; I gather that you’ve done things with your life.

Feedback Score
    50 replies to a thread titled "Stop feeding retards".

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    50 replies to a thread titled "Stop feeding retards".
    Writes a reply anyway.

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Many years ago when members would ask for answers on topics that were discussed many times over and sometimes not. The most often used response from Mods and members alike was, "Click on the orange search icon at the top of the page". Maybe we can suggest to the powers that be to bring it back, but make it much bigger! Oh, and responses like "My search foo is lacking" or "I'm not sure how to phrase my search" didn't carry too much weight. You had to post some of your attempts in the search for what you wanted in order to prove that you even tried. "Tough Search Love" is needed here! As always, "Have Nice Day".

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    What’s “LVAD”?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If you are getting angry at being called out, this may be you:

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    Understanding requires reason & logical thought processes which are built on previous understanding of related subjects.
    There is also understanding through the school of hard knocks - something a LOTTA first timers aren't "getting"... yet.

Not so much on this board, but I've seen a LOTTA threads on a lot of other boards like: "Outfit my rifle with an optic." "What's the best widget for MY rifle?" "Where can I FIND the best widget for my rifle?" And so forth.

It's not even a matter of "search foo" - it's people wanting to be kitted to look like a Space Shuttle door gunner, with NO experience with gear, what it does, or in many cases - even what it LOOKS like!

READING here - especially the early days, 10 - 12 years ago - gave me insight as to WHAT was out there. It took actually owning and using EOTech & Trijicon optics, before I came to appreciate Aimpoints - and equipping my rifles thusly. Newb wants the end-all-be-all widget for his rifle, which is still in cosmoline/factory oil, and has yet to be fired! He doesn't even know what the widget does; he just saw it on someone's rifle in "68 Whiskey," and wants one too.

And then there's the Poverty Pony, with UTG gear and a Breaks-a optic - and the guy wants to know why he can't hit the ground with his "Tier 1 gear"...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    Many years ago when members would ask for answers on topics that were discussed many times over and sometimes not. The most often used response from Mods and members alike was, "Click on the orange search icon at the top of the page". Maybe we can suggest to the powers that be to bring it back, but make it much bigger! Oh, and responses like "My search foo is lacking" or "I'm not sure how to phrase my search" didn't carry too much weight. You had to post some of your attempts in the search for what you wanted in order to prove that you even tried. "Tough Search Love" is needed here! As always, "Have Nice Day".
    I very much get that, but I do wish the search function worked better. I’ve typed in the exact title of threads and struggled to find them. I’ve also followed the search posted by the mod and gotten “no results found”. Usually I back out of the page ad search it via google. But yeah, dudes need to read more, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    What’s “LVAD”?
    left ventricular assist device. My distasteful rant was about older people thinking their generation is a special snowflake, but I got a little carried away.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I very much get that, but I do wish the search function worked better. I’ve typed in the exact title of threads and struggled to find them. I’ve also followed the search posted by the mod and gotten “no results found”. Usually I back out of the page ad search it via google. But yeah, dudes need to read more, for sure.

left ventricular assist device. My distasteful rant was about older people thinking their generation is a special snowflake, but I got a little carried away.
    1168, You are right on about the "Search Function" being less than stellar. For some reason, it's not able to display the entire posts on a search request. It's been brought up in the "Sight Questions & Comments" Forum, but no update since about a month ago. Hopefully that issue will be resolved in the future.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast