Thread: The Aimpoint Micro - The Best Red Dot In The World

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

The Aimpoint Micro - The Best Red Dot In The World

In 2007 Aimpoint released the best red dot ever made, the Aimpoint Micro series (T1/H1/S1).

Thirteen years later and still nothing has come close to outdoing it. You basically have five options if you want an optic:

1. Eotech
      Preemption: I know a yellow named SME brodude is gonna be along shortly to piss and moan about how awesome Eotechs are but he's wrong. Thermal Drift issues not withstanding, they are bigger, heavier, and the reticle is more complicated. Check this out EoTechies - With an Aimpoint you bring the rifle up and wherever the "red" is, is where the bullet is going (<150 yards). This makes target acquisition extremely fast. You don't need a big ass circle telling your eye where the tiny aiming dot is - this is a crutch. I agree that an Eotech is more precise for longer distance shooting, but why on earth would you run a CQB optic if your goal is to shoot precisely at >150 yards?
    2. Magnified Optics
      I was an Acog fanboy forever (#USMC) and more recently became a NF NX8 1-8 fan. These optics are great, but they fill different roles than a red dot. Barring insane amounts of training, and all other variables remaining equal, you will be faster at <50y shooting with the Aimpoint than you will be with an ACOG. The NX8 is awesome for a 16" gun and is damn near a game changer, but it's heavy. An NX8 with a mount weighs 5x more than a T1 with a mount. Magnification rocks when you aren't shooting bright steel targets spray painted white, but the simplicity of the Micro series cannot be beat for typical engagements.
    3. Trash
      People buy Holosun/Sig/Etc because they are cheap. Period. No one in the history of the world who began an optic search with the goal of getting something of quality has said "You know what? I'm gonna pass on the T2 and M5. I'm actually gonna buy the HS403R because it's better." I don't understand these people. I also don't understand people who wait in line for two hours to get a free Entree at Applebee's on Veteran's Day. You're saving $8.99, guys.
    4. 30mm Aimpoints (Pro/Comp M2/M4/etc)
      These are great. They're just needlessly larger and heavier than the Micros, so why bother? Disclaimer: I own two.
    5. Aimpoint Micro (T1/T2/H1/H2/etc)
      The Best - The End.

I've used the Aimpoint micro on AR15s, Shotguns, Pistols, Pistol Caliber Carbines, .22s, and submachine guns. Aside from a precision rifle rig, I can't imagine any type of firearm it would not be at home on.

Final thought: I bought an Aimpoint H1 from GTF425 a few months ago. He was one day delayed in shipping it out to me compared to his estimated shipping date. To make up for this "delay", he gave me (at no cost) a "lifetime supply of batteries" for my H1. This consisted of one CR2032 in the optic, and one spare. Try doing that with an Eotech.

*Does anyone know how to get an attached photo to embed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 07-22-20 at 12:01.