Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aimpoint Micro - The Best Red Dot In The World

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    What do you guys think these ACO & PRO optics fair in the world of RDS think? Obvious not T2 material but where in the "Wide World of Sports" (watched Blazing Saddles yesterday) do you think they land?
    The Aimpoint Pro is a great, durable RDS. Are they as 'in' as Micros? No, but there is nothing wrong with them. I have an 8 year old Pro working more then fine. It bounces between different rifles typically but has landed on my CCU upper with 3x behind it. Older school? Sure. But it still put rounds on target like a Micro with the old handicap being a couple of oz.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I’ve always owned aimpoint micros. Most recently a T2, T1, and 3 painted R1s (one aimpoint just fixed for free). This year I also added a NF NX1-8 on a 16” gun and bought am Eotech Exps 3 to try one out. I do like the Eotech in front of the Eotech 3x, I also have one behind the T1. Aimpoints are what I learned on and are still my favorite, I just replaced my T1 battery this year that has been on since 2010....when covid hit.

On other related news since the diabetes guy was mentioned, he passed away, may he RIP.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Rubber push button adjustments are a deal killer for me. I want a manual rheostat dial I can adjust on the fly to the exact setting I want. I do not want to push sequences of buttons.

Vortex UH1 and EoTech are a no go for me.

Also the USB port on the first gen UH1 is retarded.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    I’ve always owned aimpoint micros. Most recently a T2, T1, and 3 painted R1s (one aimpoint just fixed for free). This year I also added a NF NX1-8 on a 16” gun and bought am Eotech Exps 3 to try one out. I do like the Eotech in front of the Eotech 3x, I also have one behind the T1. Aimpoints are what I learned on and are still my favorite, I just replaced my T1 battery this year that has been on since 2010....when covid hit.

On other related news since the diabetes guy was mentioned, he passed away, may he RIP.
    I wonder how much the "what you learned on" factor influences preferences. An Eotech was the first RDS I ever used, when I got back in to ARs a year ago it was naturally where I went. As soon as I can find the parts in the stock, my next AR will probably get a T-2, just because I want to see what all the fuss is about.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    As I have unfortunately discovered, astigmatism is real. I used to have better than 20/20 vision "back in the day". I type this with Wal Mart readers on. Distance is still good (thank God something is!). But a year or more ago I started noticing my T-1's and T-2's and PRO having a "tail" on the dot. I did a little research and g-damn it I apparently have astigmatism. Makes fine zeroing, even from a rest, a real PIA. Not too bad for quick shooting but more "precise" stuff (as far as RDS go)? Makes it frustrating.

I will be 55 next month.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 08-06-20 at 17:43.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    As I have unfortunately discovered, astigmatism is real. I used to have better than 20/20 vision "back in the day". I type this with Wal Mart readers on. Distance is still good (thank God something is!). But a year or more ago I started noticing my T-1's and T-2's and PRO having a "tail" on the dot. I did a little research and g-damn it I apparently have astigmatism. Makes fine zeroing, even from a rest, a real PIA. Not too bad for quick shooting but more "precise" stuff (as far as RDS go)? Makes it frustrating.

I will be 55 next month.
    Fellow 55yr old here. I’m in the same place vision wise. I’ve learned that for precise shots I’m
    able to get a crisp dot on my H1 by looking through the aperture of my rear sight.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Rubber push button adjustments are a deal killer for me. I want a manual rheostat dial I can adjust on the fly to the exact setting I want. I do not want to push sequences of buttons.

Vortex UH1 and EoTech are a no go for me.

Also the USB port on the first gen UH1 is retarded.
    I agree with the button hate. I have a Nikon SuperDot (hey, it's not Chinese at least) with push buttons. It's well designed, buttons are on top and ambidextrous. I greatly prefer the top center dial on my MRO or even the dial on the PRO, even though it's a long way around from off to daylight bright. The Nikon is a good .22lr dot; it's very clear, compact, and light.

Andy

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Can someone explain what’s wrong with buttons? If your EoTech is dim, you push the plus button....what’s so hard about that? I can’t GAF how it works, as long as it works.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Can someone explain what’s wrong with buttons? If your EoTech is dim, you push the plus button....what’s so hard about that? I can’t GAF how it works, as long as it works.
    In my opinion, a knob is easier to find, more intuitive and tactile. They are easier to use in the dark, with gloves, cold wet hands, etc.

I have never used an EoTech, but it's hard for me to see how they can build buttons that are as intuitive as a knob.

Doesn't mean they don't work and you have a LOT more experience than I.

Andy

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    On the Eotech, I grab the top of the shield, wrapping my hand around the front as if I’m going to yank the optic rearward. This places my opposable(tm) thumb’s tip directly on the plus button.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast