Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: The Aimpoint Micro - The Best Red Dot In The World

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Here I am, one of those guys.

I like the MRO. I understand it does have more parallax then other rds. I only use rds on my shorties as all my carbines have magnified optics.

With my 10.5 with MRO, I have no trouble making hits out to 250 and that is about my limit with that gun regardless of optic. I do also run a fixed front sight, and that helps negates parallax issues anyway because when I make a precise shot I tend to put the dot on top of the post.

Soli Deo Gloria
    But that's my point. You are having to do stuff to make the bullet go where the dot is.

With a T/H2 you just put the dot on something and that's where the impact is.

Do that kitchen table experiment with the Aimpoint and the dot will stay at exactly the same spot you aimed it to no matter where you move your head.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    But that's my point. You are having to do stuff to make the bullet go where the dot is.

With a T/H2 you just put the dot on something and that's where the impact is.

Do that kitchen table experiment with the Aimpoint and the dot will stay at exactly the same spot you aimed it to no matter where you move your head.
    I do have aimpoints. They do have minimal paralax. I still run them with fixed front sights. It's what I like.

I am not really having to do stuff, it's simply what the eye naturally does. Now in some positions, it's a different story, but it's still never a problem for me.

I am not going to deny that the aimpoint is superior in some ways, but everything has pros and cons, and for me, I actually like the MRO more.

The rest of the internet hates them and I am good with that. I also love acogs, so I know I am an oddball.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Can’t say euro is wrong. The micros are awesome, but I like the Comp M4s.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Bringing this one back..... what are people thinking about the Duty RDS? I picked one up recently and seems very solidly constructed, even for an Aimpoint. I am looking forward to getting it on a standard micro pattern lower 1/3 mount for a little extra height.

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    I have both a T2 and a Duty. The Duty works better with my astigmatism in terms of looking like a dot instead of a comma

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocaster View Post
    I have both a T2 and a Duty. The Duty works better with my astigmatism in terms of looking like a dot instead of a comma

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    That’s interesting. I suffer with this also but I have come to ignore it. Need to double check this against other sights.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819