Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Aimpoint Micro - The Best Red Dot In The World

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Its not the best choice for that application, but dudes have met Allah through that optic.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    When did Aimpoint have a price increase? Seems like all the Micro models on the new and used market are selling for at least $100 higher than it did a few years ago.

ETA: Just checked my notes and see that I paid $505 for an near new condition Aimpoint H2 with an ADM Low Mount on the EE back in 2017. I don’t think I’ve seen an H2 go for less than $600 lately. T1’s that used to sell for $500-550 with a LaRue Mount are now $600+. T2 is running near $700 from what I’m seeing on the EE.

Is this panic pricing or is that the norm now
    Last edited by Ironman8; 08-09-20 at 08:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    When did Aimpoint have a price increase? Seems like all the Micro models on the new and used market are selling for at least $100 higher than it did a few years ago.

ETA: Just checked my notes and see that I paid $505 for an near new condition Aimpoint H2 with an ADM Low Mount on the EE back in 2017. I don’t think I’ve seen an H2 go for less than $600 lately. T1’s that used to sell for $500-550 with a LaRue Mount are now $600+. T2 is running near $700 from what I’m seeing on the EE.

Is this panic pricing or is that the norm now
    Lat time I looked a while back the T-2's were $600+, so perhaps it is the new norm.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Back to astigmatism, at what distance does it become signifigant? Inside the house? 25 yards? 50 yards ?

PB
    Ever tried visiting an optometrist? I did a couple of years ago and had a pair of glasses made that corrected my astigmatism. It's not 100% but it was huge improvement for me. The dot is much cleaner now and the tail blob phenomenon is almost completely gone. Reading into it before I did it seems to indicate that ymmv depending how on your eyes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Ever tried visiting an optometrist? I did a couple of years ago and had a pair of glasses made that corrected my astigmatism. It's not 100% but it was huge improvement for me. The dot is much cleaner now and the tail blob phenomenon is almost completely gone. Reading into it before I did it seems to indicate that ymmv depending how on your eyes.
    I took my RMR with me and we went through scripts until we had it nearly perfect. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    The ACRO has about a three week battery life of left on at a useable level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With it primarily being used on either a home defense handgun or CCW, it would be interesting to see the “wireless” charging integrated like phones have come to have. A charging pad could either plug into a small bedside safe or just on the nightstand if kids aren’t present, and you don’t have to worry about batteries ever again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgrizz27 View Post
    With it primarily being used on either a home defense handgun or CCW, it would be interesting to see the “wireless” charging integrated like phones have come to have. A charging pad could either plug into a small bedside safe or just on the nightstand if kids aren’t present, and you don’t have to worry about batteries ever again.
    Talk about safety disaster waiting to happen...

"Kid takes loaded gun from the wireless charging stand, kills parents..."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a T1 on my main HD gun and a PRO on the back up..

Anyone have any experience with the ACO... The Aimpoint Carbine Optic? And I know a PRO is $40 bucks difference usually.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    T2 with LEAP mount sits on the bedside “pistol”. It’s certainly the best RDS for me, but I must say the mushy brightness knob has me wishing I’d spent $50 more on the Comp M5 instead. At any rate, the dot is perfectly crisp, battery life is phenomenal, and I have no doubts about the durability of the optic. Peace of mind is worth the price jump from a budget optic, especially for a gun that doubles as my companion on long trips; I’d have less faith in a budget optic holding up in my trunk on a road trip, and the MRO (post 89k serial no.) was a comma to my eyes. The PRO was even worse with my astigmatism.

Coupled with a tough, lightweight RTZ mount (I refuse to call Scalarworks knob “quick detach” because it’s anything but quick) and I couldn’t ask for a better serious use optic. I have a hard time not thinking of the T2/M5 as the best RDS in the world. Competitors may match it or one-up it with FOV, battery life, price, etc, but they’ll never have the track record.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    I have a T1 on my main HD gun and a PRO on the back up..

Anyone have any experience with the ACO... The Aimpoint Carbine Optic? And I know a PRO is $40 bucks difference usually.
    I just bought my first one for my Dad's rifle I built. I will let you know once I get a range trip. Looks identical to my PRO, sans night vision of course.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast