Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aimpoint Micro - The Best Red Dot In The World

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    More than one time I'd pick up the gun with the Holosun and have no dot, and the shake awake didn't work. Had to hit the top buttons to power it on.
    I’ve had that problem twice with my Romeo 4t. In like two months that I’ve owned it. Both times in the rain. I put it on my PCC now. I like it otherwise, but obviously thats a dealbreaker for a serious gun.
    Last edited by 1168; 07-19-20 at 14:30.

Feedback Score
    Where does the MRO fit in the scheme? Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Why bother on 30mm Aimpoints? Because they can be had sub-$250 on the secondary market.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Where does the MRO fit in the scheme? Why?
    IMO the MRO is a distance 4th or 5th. Parallax being a big issue. I wanted to like mine, I really thought it would give the Aimpoint Micro a run for it's money, but it doesn't for me.

And while Aimpoint Micros are great, for many Pros / ACOs / CompM2s are more affordable and proven durable (even more so on the used market). I have an 8+ year old Pro that just won't quit - been on AR15s, SCAR 16 & 17s, you name it. Well worth the $350 it costs me on sale from PSA back in 2012. Used with NVDs, magnifiers, etc. I change the battery yearly just because and it's never had a problem.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Why bother on 30mm Aimpoints? Because they can be had sub-$250 on the secondary market.

Fosho. I own two of those. (A Pro and an M2)

But this thread is about the best red dot ever.

Try putting a 30mm Aimpoint on a handgun or a PS90.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    IMO the MRO is a distance 4th or 5th. Parallax being a big issue. I wanted to like mine, I really thought it would give the Aimpoint Micro a run for it's money, but it doesn't for me.

And while Aimpoint Micros are great, for many Pros / ACOs / CompM2s are more affordable and proven durable (even more so on the used market). I have an 8+ year old Pro that just won't quit - been on AR15s, SCAR 16 & 17s, you name it. Well worth the $350 it costs me on sale from PSA back in 2012. Used with NVDs, magnifiers, etc. I change the battery yearly just because and it's never had a problem.
    I have three M68s and an M3 myself. I gave less in those four than my Micro. I do prefer the Micro and believe it to be the best dot on the market, but I can’t afford to keep half a dozen of them.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    My T1 is a decade old. I don't recall how much I spent on it, but I'm guessing it works out to like $50/year. No scratch that, more like $51/year including the replacement batteries. It still works though so that cost of ownership will keep going down.

There was a time I thought the PA and Holosun red dots made sense on non defensive use guns, but that was foolish thinking on my part. The COVID panic allowed me to offload them at little to no loss and were replaced by Aimpoints on those same non defensive use guns.

You know what a proper flex is? My 11 year old with her M&P 15-22 and a T1 dunking on the boomers at the range with their Sig Romeos. Nothing like having some Wilfred Brimley looking dude tell you it's foolish to spend that much on a red dot for a kid's rifle. Lmao go be poor somewhere else.
    It cracks me up, these judgmental buffoons and their preoccupation with how other people spend their money. Yeah, I'm sure your POS Tasco is just as good as my Kahles and I'm an idiot for spending that much on a scope.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    See, I've heard that about the T1, but I run a magnifier behind mine from time to time and all I have is a crisp dot. I don't have any vision problems though, and maybe it's something that only manifests itself with people who do but is only recognizable under magnification.

As far as multiple reticles, that isn't really important to me, I don't like the Eotech reticle, and I'm not interested in shake awake, which is only necessary when you want to claim 50,000 hrs of battery life but can't do it with constant on. More than one time I'd pick up the gun with the Holosun and have no dot, and the shake awake didn't work. Had to hit the top buttons to power it on.
    Maybe it only affected certain specific sights. I still had very good vision when I ditched my T1, it went from normal dot to a line as soon as I put my G33 behind it. I would’ve taken a picture but they had just announced the T2 and cleaning it up under magnification was one of the main selling points so I assumed it was extremely common.

On the cheap red dots, that’ll definitely be personal preference but I love that reticle and for an offset RDS and/or shotgun optic, it works really well. I literally replaced an RMR with it. I have no expectation that Holosun or any of the others will surpass Aimpoint as being the best, but it’s features and price point lend me to fully expect that Aimpoint and all others are either going to have to innovate like hell or drop their MSRP. I’m only trusting my Holosun as an offset RDS paired with a Razor at the moment, but every time I look for it, that super clear donut of death is present.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m very curious as to where the ta44 sits.

Feedback Score

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast