Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aimpoint Micro - The Best Red Dot In The World

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I don't have 4 AR's and a Bren 805 wearing T-1's for nothing.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    There’s probably aftermarket options for others but I definitely like the ability to use the T2 occluded for low light use with the included lens covers.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It's hard to believe that the T2 was introduced 6 years ago, the PRO 9 and the T1 over 10.

The MRO should have been a T1 killer, and I am happy with mine, but the micro is still king.

Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I may be an outlier, but I actually kind of prefer the 30mm tube for a general purpose carbine. That being said, I will admit that when putting something together where the main focus is weight reduction, an Aimpoint micro sits atop.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good lord has it really been 6 years for the T2?
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    It's hard to believe that the T2 was introduced 6 years ago, the PRO 9 and the T1 over 10.

The MRO should have been a T1 killer, and I am happy with mine, but the micro is still king.

Andy
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I prefer my Pro over my T1. I know I'm a blasphemer. My pro is clearer and has a crisper dot with my astigmatism than my T1 does. I have no time on the T2, but I have heard that everything about the optical view is "cleaner" than the T1.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Ive owned 3 or 4 H1's, 3 or 4 T1's, a Comp M4, Comp M5, Pro, and a T2. I currently have an H1, T2, Razor 1-6, and Pro. Beyond that, I've owned all sorts of high end LPVO's and Eotechs. The T2 is by far the most superior optic I have ever owned. It's lightweight, reliability, ruggedness, etc all make for an elite package. There is nothing on the market right now that comes close. Buy the Scalarworks combo and you get what I would consider the finest fighting optic on the market.

Now, my Comp M5 literally died one day and had to go back to the factory, and my old H1 is bleeding batteries at a 6 month to 1 year pace, so obviously not even Aimpoint is immune to issues, but so far my T2 has been ultra reliable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am not an expert shooter at all, and I've only got a handful of magazines thru a T-2 equipped carbine, along with some time shooting the M68. I personally find the Eotech reticle to be more "comfortable" to shoot, and I really like the big window over the smaller dots. That said, I'll fully admit I probably don't have enough training on red dots to have the best form and it could be the Eotech makes up for my short comings, not that there's anything negative about the smaller tube T-2. I do prefer a fixed front sight, and I do feel like the smaller window gets a little crowded with irons up. But again, that's possibly just indicative of my issues as a shooter.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAR_94 View Post
    I do prefer a fixed front sight, and I do feel like the smaller window gets a little crowded with irons up. But again, that's possibly just indicative of my issues as a shooter.
    Are you using an absolute or lower 1/3 cowitness mount? If absolute, try a lower 1/3 mount. The front sight will sit low enough in the optic to not block what's going on around the dot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Are you using an absolute or lower 1/3 cowitness mount? If absolute, try a lower 1/3 mount. The front sight will sit low enough in the optic to not block what's going on around the dot.
    I shoot a lower 1/3 mount with an EXPS. Again, it may just me I need more practice not getting "sucked in" to my optic but I find that I feel like I can see better better and have been SA with more daylight around the front site post in the larger sight window, the small T-2 tube with the a FSB sticking up seems busy to my eyes. But I tend to think it's all a personal preference and training issue--I've actually been thinking about building a light weight carbine with a T2 just to have a light weight/slick set up.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast