Thread: I want a short 6.5 Gas Gun

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    One of the benefits I noticed making the switch from 308 to 6.5 is that 6.5 is easier to get good follow through with. The smoother recoil impulse makes it so much easier to spot my own hits and misses.

Also My 18" tube can push BC1 0.640 140gr ELDM's at 2630, and those aren't even the highest BC pills in the weight class. It will push 125's at 2750, and some of those have the same BC as the venerable 175 SMK's. If I throw a suppressor on the rifle I might even get an extra 100 - 150 FPS. A suppressor on an 18" barrel makes a lot more sense than a super long (26"+) tube. At least for a semi auto that might get carried.

If you are already very invested in the 308 caliber by all means the 6.5 isn't worth the financial investment to make a swing. But if you are looking into a new gas gun; the hot ticket is a short barrel 6.5 for good reason. Who know's? Maybe 6mm CM will be the round of 2022. I certainly enjoy a rifle I can maneuver around a barricade, and then also have good 1K ballistics. I need more optics to actually push the platform further. The PA 1-8 with ACSS is only good too 900 yards.

Last edited by turnburglar; 07-20-20 at 13:35.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery