Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I want a short 6.5 Gas Gun

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    One of the benefits I noticed making the switch from 308 to 6.5 is that 6.5 is easier to get good follow through with. The smoother recoil impulse makes it so much easier to spot my own hits and misses.

Also My 18" tube can push BC1 0.640 140gr ELDM's at 2630, and those aren't even the highest BC pills in the weight class. It will push 125's at 2750, and some of those have the same BC as the venerable 175 SMK's. If I throw a suppressor on the rifle I might even get an extra 100 - 150 FPS. A suppressor on an 18" barrel makes a lot more sense than a super long (26"+) tube. At least for a semi auto that might get carried.

If you are already very invested in the 308 caliber by all means the 6.5 isn't worth the financial investment to make a swing. But if you are looking into a new gas gun; the hot ticket is a short barrel 6.5 for good reason. Who know's? Maybe 6mm CM will be the round of 2022. I certainly enjoy a rifle I can maneuver around a barricade, and then also have good 1K ballistics. I need more optics to actually push the platform further. The PA 1-8 with ACSS is only good too 900 yards.

Last edited by turnburglar; 07-20-20 at 13:35.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Expect 2021 to have a few factory options for 16" and under 6.5 Creedmoor products from a few companies.
    Take. My. Money.

The biggest issue I’ve found with KAC SR25s isn’t price it’s availability.

I just can’t bring myself to fork over $5k and wait.

If you had a 16” 6.5 SR25 available to sell I’d be in my car before I finished reading your post.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Pretty much thus for me. I like my KAC gear and would get more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Take. My. Money.

The biggest issue I’ve found with KAC SR25s isn’t price it’s availability.

I just can’t bring myself to fork over $5k and wait.

If you had a 16” 6.5 SR25 available to sell I’d be in my car before I finished reading your post.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I am in the process of building a 14.5" 6.5CM in a Centurion Arms MK11 Receiver set and am just waiting on the 14.5" barrels from Criterion. I tried to talk Monty into it, but he said that he needs to do some more research and testing, so I am ok with shooting the Criterion until Monty decides to offer them. I plan on running 140gr Berger Hybrids out of it.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’ll be interested to see how these shorter barreled 6.5’s run. My 18 inch is money. My buddy has a 308 13.5 scar and lights up 1k all day long with 1/4 Elcan with 155TMK’s so I have faith the short 6.5’s will find a nice place to play.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I’ll be interested to see how these shorter barreled 6.5’s run. My 18 inch is money. My buddy has a 308 13.5 scar and lights up 1k all day long with 1/4 Elcan with 155TMK’s so I have faith the short 6.5’s will find a nice place to play.
    PB
    I haven't had any functional differences between the long bois and the shorties, but we have a lot of experience and time in the large-frame AR function department.
    I'll have more extensive testing data before the end of the FY.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234