Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CQBR Block II Newbie

Feedback Score

CQBR Block II Newbie

Hey guys, I just joined up over here. I've been on some of the other forums for a while now, but I'm starting a CQBR clone build and saw some pretty useful threads over here that I hope will help me along the way. I got bit by the clone bug last year and have seen worked on a Mk12 Mod 1 clone and a Mk 13 Mod 5 clone. Both of which are complete pending tax stamps coming back from the ATF. I figured it was a good time to get in on the MK18 seen and undertake my first SBR build. Anyway, what I'm looking to do is build as close to correct as I can CQBR Block II. I was lucky enough to snag a FN heavy SOCOM barrel a couple of days ago and I have secured a cage code Colt upper from a buddy on another forum thats going to help me put together the whole thing. I've decided on going with the Surefire setup as opposed to the Knight's Armament suppressed system. mainly to save a little coin and weight on the platform. I think the biggest difficulty I'm going to have is securing the 4 prong surefire flash hider and the colt BCG. Speaking with my buddy he kind of gave me the skinny on those being pretty tough items to come by, but all clones have a part or two that gives you trouble. Anyone who has done this platform have any advice for me? What worked for you what didn't? Any regrets on how you went about the process? Thanks guys, looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Welcome!
    Colt BCGs are not too difficult to find. Primary Arms has them regularly...they are actually sold by/as the Geissele BCG, but they are in fact made by Colt.
    Just keep checking for the SF hider, should be able to find one. Google is your friend.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Welcome!
    Colt BCGs are not too difficult to find. Primary Arms has them regularly...they are actually sold by/as the Geissele BCG, but they are in fact made by Colt.
    Just keep checking for the SF hider, should be able to find one. Google is your friend.
    Thanks! I'll take a look at them fairly regularly. I also see you were on the Enterprise. Did you spend some time in my neck of the woods here in Virginia Beach. I've got family that retired on the Nimitz once upon a time.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yes, was stationed in Norfolk for 5 years, live in VA Beach for 4 and Chesapeake for 1 year.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    How did you find out that Colt made Geissele BCGs?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

CQBR Block II Newbie

Instagram is your friend. There’s a lot of cloners and cloning being done. Some of us take some liberties, but the core components are correct. I’m no fan of the block II, ironically the block II MK18 is what got me into ARs to begin with.

Just about everything is clone correct because it’s all been spot in the wild before. I save some cash and went with a 3 prong over the 4 prong. The 4P can be had all day if you know where to look.

Here’s my most recent “MK18” I put together. Like I said, I’m no fan of the B2, so here are where I took my own liberties.

I prefer the FSB, over the flip up sights, then I chopped a M4A1 rail to facilitate the FSB

Aimpoint over Eotech, because it’s superior all the while still choosing to keep with the G33 to keep with the B2 style.

For the most part all the rest is kosher “clone correct”. Colt, M4A1 base rifle, factory colt 10.3 barrel, USGI trigger, colt marked BCG, 4 position RE.

The group I hang with, once a year host a gathering we’ve dubbed “Clone shoot”. Most the guns are B2’s. Here’s a photo form is this year. (A lot of guns still aren’t in this).

Don’t ignore the B1 either. It’s much easier (and cheaper) to get Clone correct. The only Liberty I took was the addition of the free float rail over the drop in Ras.

Like I said Instagram would be youre best bet. There’s Gear pages that sell clone correct gear all day long. I have a few good friends that run a few. Almost everyday they have every Component being mailed in or being shipped out to build a proper B2.

It’s never been easier I be a cloner if you know where to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 07-20-20 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yeah, the BCGs are "made" by Colt as much as the rest of their stuff.

A subcontractor makes them for Colt, Geissele, and pretty much everyone else selling them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    My apologies, thanks for the redirect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Instagram is your friend. There’s a lot of cloners and cloning being done. Some of us take some liberties, but the core components are correct. I’m no fan of the block II, ironically the block II MK18 is what got me into ARs to begin with.

Just about everything is clone correct because it’s all been spot in the wild before. I save some cash and went with a 3 prong over the 4 prong. The 4P can be had all day if you know where to look.

Here’s my most recent “MK18” I put together. Like I said, I’m no fan of the B2, so here are where I took my own liberties.

I prefer the FSB, over the flip up sights, then I chopped a M4A1 rail to facilitate the FSB

Aimpoint over Eotech, because it’s superior all the while still choosing to keep with the G33 to keep with the B2 style.

For the most part all the rest is kosher “clone correct”. Colt, M4A1 base rifle, factory colt 10.3 barrel, USGI trigger, colt marked BCG, 4 position RE.

The group I hang with, once a year host a gathering we’ve dubbed “Clone shoot”. Most the guns are B2’s. Here’s a photo form is this year. (A lot of guns still aren’t in this).

Don’t ignore the B1 either. It’s much easier (and cheaper) to get Clone correct. The only Liberty I took was the addition of the free float rail over the drop in Ras.

Like I said Instagram would be youre best bet. There’s Gear pages that sell clone correct gear all day long. I have a few good friends that run a few. Almost everyday they have every Component being mailed in or being shipped out to build a proper B2.

It’s never been easier I be a cloner if you know where to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thats an awesome meet up. I don't know if the clone scene really exists in my area. I would have thought so given it is Virginia Beach and our proximity to quite a few Navy SEAL teams, but sadly I don't know of anyone cloning around here. I was super fortunate to pick up a FN Heavy SOCOM 10.3" barrel and a brand spankin new Surefire 4 prong flash hider. The next tough ticket item is the lower receiver. I've got my eye on (the obvious choice) Colt M4 carbine lower as well as a potentional FN15 lower or I've heard the Knight's SR15 lower is also plausible. All three of those happen to be rarely available and wildly expensive for a lower. Thoroughbred Armament i think is my best bet.
    Last edited by mra1989; 07-22-20 at 07:33.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast