Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CQBR Block II Newbie

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mra1989 View Post
    Thats an awesome meet up. I don't know if the clone scene really exists in my area. I would have thought so given it is Virginia Beach and our proximity to quite a few Navy SEAL teams, but sadly I don't know of anyone cloning around here. I was super fortunate to pick up a FN Heavy SOCOM 10.3" barrel and a brand spankin new Surefire 4 prong flash hider. The next tough ticket item is the lower receiver. I've got my eye on (the obvious choice) Colt M4 carbine lower as well as a potentional FN15 lower or I've heard the Knight's SR15 lower is also plausible. All three of those happen to be rarely available and wildly expensive for a lower. Thoroughbred Armament i think is my best bet.
    Actually while we hosted in Arizona people flying in from all over the country including two in the group that are from Virginia. I am not from Virginia but I happen to know Virginia has a healthy cloning scene. Given that there are new colts back in the market, pick up one of the new 6920s and strip it down, you get the receiver set. And internals. It would be the best road for you. Assuming you don’t care about the M4A1 roll mark.

TBA is a probably the best to buy from, as well as Arms Unlimited. All the accessories though you’re probably going to need to get secondhand from dudes with NOS (New old stock). Idk if you want legit NAVSEA marked, but they are out there, and you’re going to play a premium. Or the WMX200, a few months ago some brand new ones were found and sold. But like I previously had said Instagram puts you in contact with a lot of dudes in the cloning work pretty quick and you can find all the parts in a day.

It all really depends on which accessories you plan to put on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Well I was lucky enough to snag a colt M4 lower this past week. The next big ticket item is the Surefire RC1. Anyone know of anyone with one of those golden tickets? I’m willing to buy it off of them. I’m told that’s the only game in town to get an RC1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    TBA is a probably the best to buy from, as well as Arms Unlimited. All the accessories though you’re probably going to need to get secondhand from dudes with NOS (New old stock).
    I keep hoping to see TBA get in some surplus non-FSP DD rails, like the FSP sets they've been selling. I figure with the new Geissele rails going into service the past year or so, USASOC should be getting rid of more DD rails. I'm kind of half-heartedly interested in building a Block II, but not enough to pay for a new DD set. I should have grabbed one of the FN SOCOM barrels when TBA had them to pair with the FN M4 upper receiver and BCG I have squirreled away.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Im actually interested in building one of these soon, and to me there's two options to take. Go exactly as issued clone correct to one unit or just use the base for a 'near clone'.

I couldn't care less about the exact clone aspect so paying a ton of money for inferior lights or EOTech hoods marked exactly right is out the window.

The easy route is Brownells runs sales on the stripped DD Mk18 uppers fairly often. Pick your own CH, BCG, and MD. Replace the janky plastic dust cover.

Run a mil spec lower of your choosing or what I want to do is a SR15 lower to keep my manipulation the same to what Im used to.

I lose interest with the fake lowers and 15 year old weapon lights and pressure pads but spending money on lower markings. I was buying my own rails, optics, and lights in 2005 so limiting yourself to whatever some unit issued in a kit is more of a hobby than appreciating the platform but using that platform with current equipment.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    I keep hoping to see TBA get in some surplus non-FSP DD rails, like the FSP sets they've been selling. I figure with the new Geissele rails going into service the past year or so, USASOC should be getting rid of more DD rails. I'm kind of half-heartedly interested in building a Block II, but not enough to pay for a new DD set. I should have grabbed one of the FN SOCOM barrels when TBA had them to pair with the FN M4 upper receiver and BCG I have squirreled away.
    Who is TBA?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang77 View Post
    Who is TBA?
    Sorry, TBA is Thoroughbred Armament, a reliable dealer that sells a lot of surplus Colt, FN, and other parts. Unfortunately, they’re cleaned out of just about everything right now, but they are normally a good place to find used and new Colt BCGs, upper receivers, barrels, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12