Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wed, July 20 @8PM - PL-PRO Gunmetal Grey Weaponlight - 40% off

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Wed, July 20 @8PM - PL-PRO Gunmetal Grey Weaponlight - 40% off

Those of you looking for a bright pistol weaponlight or even a short range carbine light. This goes on sale tonight at 8PM thru July 22 Midnight.

$101.94 with tape switch. $97.97 without tape switch.

1500 lumen, 19,600 candela

https://www.olightstore.com/pl-pro-gr-bundle.html

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Streamlight TLR1 HL, the most commonly used WML in LE, has 1k Lumen and 20k Candela, and costs $25 to $50 more depending on where you shop. The TLR1 HL seems to be an infinitely more reliable light than this thing. This seems like a very bright light, but I can't imagine throwing one on a defensive gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Streamlight TLR1 HL, the most commonly used WML in LE, has 1k Lumen and 20k Candela, and costs $25 to $50 more depending on where you shop. The TLR1 HL seems to be an infinitely more reliable light than this thing. This seems like a very bright light, but I can't imagine throwing one on a defensive gun.
    Seems? Did you even watch the video? I mean you have a right to buy or not buy what you want, but poo pooing something you obviously have zero experience with and zero effort in even checking out is kind of short sighted. The video actually compares the beam profile of the TLR 1 HL to the PL-Pro. Watch it - the Pl Pro is a lot nicer.

I have had the PL-2 which is the predecessor to the PL-Pro for awhile. Zero problems so far and I take it off and on every day using the built in QD mount in just a few seconds. Also, no problems with the mount - still rock solid. Try taking off and putting on a TLR1 HL or SF. There are a lot of other torture test videos on this light. Sure you gotta take these with a grain of salt, but for the most part, the overall consensus on these lights as far as durability have been great.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Seems? Did you even watch the video? I mean you have a right to buy or not buy what you want, but poo pooing something you obviously have zero experience with and zero effort in even checking out is kind of short sighted. The video actually compares the beam profile of the TLR 1 HL to the PL-Pro. Watch it - the Pl Pro is a lot nicer.

I have had the PL-2 which is the predecessor to the PL-Pro for awhile. Zero problems so far and I take it off and on every day using the built in QD mount in just a few seconds. Also, no problems with the mount - still rock solid. Try taking off and putting on a TLR1 HL or SF. There are a lot of other torture test videos on this light. Sure you gotta take these with a grain of salt, but for the most part, the overall consensus on these lights as far as durability have been great.
    Yes. I watched the video. Clearly, they have reliability figured out, I mean look at the tape switch! If only they included the inner tube or duct tape to make it work!

Why in the world would I care how easy it is to take on and off? My scout lights, OWL, etc are a PAIN to quickly remove. My pistol lights live on the pistol they live on, I can't imagine switching lights out on a daily basis and can't think of a good reason to do so.
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 07-20-20 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes. I watched the video. Clearly, they have reliability figured out, I mean look at the tape switch! If only they included the inner tube or duct tape to make it work!

Why in the world would I care how easy it is to take on and off? My scout lights, OWL, etc are a PAIN to quickly remove. My pistol lights live on the pistol they live on, I can't imagine switching lights out on a daily basis and can't think of a good reason to do so.
    Uhhh...cuz primarily it's a pistol light and if I don't need the light...because you know...the sun...and this thing called daytime, som e people like to take it off if they are in those conditions. Some, like you don't. That's cool. Maybe because it's a pain in the ass to take off your lights in the first place.

So you look at one downside, the tape swith, which isn't even the light itself, and that's how you figure the reliability of the light?

Way to go stretch.

This post was for people who are interested in a pistol weaponlight that will be at a great price and has a good reliability record.

If you don't like it....don't buy it. This post wasn't for you. Move on.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 07-20-20 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    i have to agree with lshd , the olight might be good for a range gun but i'll keep my surefire's

also in today's climate it might be good to remind people where the olight's are made and where your money is ultimately going

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Uhhh...cuz primarily it's a pistol light and if I don't need the light...because you know...the sun...and this thing called daytime, som e people like to take it off if they are in those conditions. Some, like you don't. That's cool. Maybe because it's a pain in the ass to take off your lights in the first place.

So you look at one downside, the tape swith, which isn't even the light itself, and that's how you figure the reliability of the light?

Way to go stretch.

This post was for people who are interested in a pistol weaponlight that will be at a great price and has a good reliability record.

If you don't like it....don't buy it. This post wasn't for you. Move on.
    I'm enjoying this. You take your light off your pistol because it's day time? Lol! Well, Uhhh, I don't take mine off because, well, Uhhh, dark spaces exist even when the sun is out. Not because my light is SECURELY mounted to my pistol.

If the tape switch falls off, it's not a reliable light. Something is wrong with it, and who knows what else will arise over time. I'm sorry you are so emotionally invested in it, I don't like the light. I hope it's great and works well for you though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm enjoying this. You take your light off your pistol because it's day time? Lol! Well, Uhhh, I don't take mine off because, well, Uhhh, dark spaces exist even when the sun is out. Not because my light is SECURELY mounted to my pistol.

If the tape switch falls off, it's not a reliable light. Something is wrong with it, and who knows what else will arise over time. I'm sorry you are so emotionally invested in it, I don't like the light. I hope it's great and works well for you though.
    Dude...your a riot. Read and comprehend a bit. I don't own one. I don't need one. I already own a predecessor. Its been working fine no problem for years. I posted this to let members know of a good deal that they can take advantage of. That's it. Trying to help the community instead of poo pooing on it to try and feel superior. If you don't want to buy it...then don't buy it. ..but commenting on something you literally have zero experience with or any idea about is pretty irresponsible and stinks of fan boy snob sh*t.
    Don't be that guy, we got enough of them already.

What's even more hilarious is that you ridicule a tape switch fault as your point for reliability, but recommended the TLR1 HL. Did you see the tape switch solution for that? LOL.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

I've never seen anyone on this board push so hard for a manufacturer before. 17 of his 29 started threads are about Olight.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I've never seen anyone on this board push so hard for a manufacturer before. 17 of his 29 started threads are about Olight.
    I get their emails about flash sales every time they have one. I own 2 of their products. An S10 and a PL-2. They have done me well so far. If Surefire, Modlite, or whoever sent me emails about a 40% off flash sale, I would post them up on here also. I am not pushing jack. Just trying to help the community dude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast