Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 223/556 Ammo Shortage. Can You Buy Ammo Where You Live?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    No doubt. Biggest issue I'm having with components is availability, not overpricing.

I walked into Sportsmans Whorehouse in Puyallup WA the other day, continuing the search.....low and behold a whole row of 1,000 unit boxes of Federal small pistol magnum primers.

Did some cartwheels and left with 2,000.

Went back the next day and got 1,000 more. Boxes were 23.99 ea. Have shot plenty, good as anything else.

Still looking for small rifle. Pays to reload, now more than ever.
    What do you use small pistol magnum primers for?

Feedback Score
    They’ll light off any small pistol primer case. Dimensions are identical to a regular small pistol primer. Just need to work loads up gradually with the hotter primer.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    They’ll light off any small pistol primer case. Dimensions are identical to a regular small pistol primer. Just need to work loads up gradually with the hotter primer.
    No issues with the harder primer cups failing to seal and etching the "chamber face" of the slide?

Feedback Score
    Not in my experience. The primer pockets should be more than tight enough to provide an adequate seal. Etching of the breech face just happens over time and high round count with pretty much any centerfire weapon.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    We’ve also switched to magnum primers for 9mm. All I can say about them so far is they go bang. If I find anything strange long term, I’ll share that.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Not in my experience. The primer pockets should be more than tight enough to provide an adequate seal. Etching of the breech face just happens over time and high round count with pretty much any centerfire weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    We’ve also switched to magnum primers for 9mm. All I can say about them so far is they go bang. If I find anything strange long term, I’ll share that.
    Good info to know. Now I feel silly for passing them up the last few times I've seen them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, usin' 'em in my staple training loads in 9mm. Same charge and bullet weight, no real difference.

Been usin' 'em interchangeably for years.

Same for rifle. I'm lookin' for small rifle, if I find SR magnum, I'm grabbin' 'em just the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Want to see some ridicules prices, go to Gunbroker and look up .380 ammo. 50 ROUNDS Federal Premium®.380 HST® TACTICAL 99 Grain JHP Tactical HST
    Price $79.99 / 200rds Speer Gold Dot .380acp 90gr GDHP 23606GD Current Bid $306.00
    Last edited by sdacbob; 08-24-20 at 20:35.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415