Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 223/556 Ammo Shortage. Can You Buy Ammo Where You Live?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I haven't bought ammo in a brick and mortar store for a long time. Ammo has been cheap and plentiful online for a long time. Unless a person is new to shooting, there is no reason to be caught with your pants down.

In the future, order it in cases, stack it deep, and ride these panic waves out like a boss.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Two (2) 820rd. cans of M855 on stripper clips at the local Dunham's Sporting Goods last week.

$499 EACH.

They had, maybe, 200rds. of Tula (don't shoot it - didn't check the price), and one (1) box of Hornady V-Max 50gr. @... $25.99!

The dedicated gunshops (Dunham's has a gunshop - pistols & long arms both)... have NONE!

Makes me glad I'm sitting on my stash already!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Ammo was incredibly cheap and plentiful for all of 2018 and 2019.

Who needs ammo now and why?
    Need is a strong word. I have plenty. I just wish I had plenty more.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would say look online but being in Cali you would need to go through an FFL. Otherwise there are still some "okay" prices online. Im good to go for a while since prices were good running up to this, but still, if I see something that's not insanely overpriced, Ill grab it.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I don't "need" ammo but I cannot shoot for months without re-supply or reloading.

Last time I looked, there is a little 5.56/223 locally, but prices are way up.

It's just time for me to crank up the press.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-20-20 at 17:28.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I’m good to go. But I was curious so I went to three of the larger stores in my area over the weekend. No 5.56 in stock. No 9mm FMJ. No 12 ga OO Buck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Local stores are sold out or have very small inventories with a one box per customer limit. Folks things won't settle down till after January 2021. If you did not buy cheap and stack deep by now, you are royally screwed.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It's definitely a 'weird' rush on weapons and ammo, but not things like magazines.

This points me to lots of new buyers who only think of weapons and ammo, but not so much to all the other things you need.

I have plenty but still placed some significant backorders, as I imagine it will be some time before any can be had easily.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Ammo was incredibly cheap and plentiful for all of 2018 and 2019.

Who needs ammo now and why?
    Well, nobody ever accused me of being smart.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I haven't bought ammo in a brick and mortar store for a long time. Ammo has been cheap and plentiful online for a long time. Unless a person is new to shooting, there is no reason to be caught with your pants down.

In the future, order it in cases, stack it deep, and ride these panic waves out like a boss.
    This. My rule for the past few years is to buy monthly and when I shoot the rule is to replace what I shot by double the amount fired. It’d be nice if there was no shortage, but I’m in good shape.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast