Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC or build? Did I go wrong?

Feedback Score

Rifle arrived today. Threw an optic on it. Looking forward to getting it out to the range one of these days.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    She is a beauty
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Did you put on that grip or did it come with it?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Did you put on that grip or did it come with it?
    Came with it. Wish it'd come with the SL-S stock, but not a big deal to switch it out.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Doesnt have the LMT SOPMOD either. So it just might be Magpulled? Interesting huh

I just checked Gunboker and there are ones NIB with that set up.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-28-20 at 18:27.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    That’s how mine came, with MagPul furniture.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calengor View Post

Rifle arrived today. Threw an optic on it. Looking forward to getting it out to the range one of these days.
    You’ll dig it. Great rifle
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score

Non-potato photo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Doesnt have the LMT SOPMOD either. So it just might be Magpulled? Interesting huh

I just checked Gunboker and there are ones NIB with that set up.

PB
    If you go to the factory website, it is consistent with what's in his picture. Not everyone needs nor wants a SOPMOD or a specific Magul options so, for consistency and I assume volume, an industry-standard was picked. The LPR's come with a different stock from the factory FWIW.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    The only thing people ever complain about with KAC is the price. Unless you're broke now, or you go broke soon, you won't worry about it.

The night Obama get re-elected I when down to the LGS for a consolation prize. I was choosing between a BCM EAG Tactical, which was nice at the time, and URX3.1 SR-15. Nothing against the BCM, but I'm glad I got the SR-15. Since I've added the SR15 11.5, and an LPR upper. The mod 2 LPR is my absolute favorite 5.56 to shoot. If I had to run away to the woods and could only carry one 5.56, that's the one I'd grab. No question.

And as has been mentioned, in the off chance you are disappointed, premium factory builds hold value much better than premium home builds. I'm sure with your experience you probably know that, but to me it's always a point worth reiterating. Enjoy.
    My LPR factory rifle is by far my favorite. It is so easy to shoot, even a hack like me can do good work on the range (in my case a pasture with cattle I need to protect).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast