Thread: Front sight to work with arisaka offset light mount?

Feedback Score

Front sight to work with arisaka offset light mount?

Already purchased the light and arisaka offset keymod mount and my magpul plastics lights are too wide on the top rail. I would like to purchase a new sight that is narrow on the left side of the rail and it looks like the yankee hill front flip up sight might work does anyone have any experience? I believe the Geissele fixed front sight would probably work but that is a fixed front sight and is out of stock everywhere right now and I need something in 2 weeks. The light is being mounted on the left and that is where I need the sight narrow. Thanks for any help

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If you change your mind and want a fixed one, MI NGAL one works. I bought one like two or three weeks ago, and it was in stock.

Edit: the handguard I tested this on is a Triarc Trilock. Worked with both Modlight and Malkoff Scout.
    Last edited by 1168; 07-21-20 at 11:36.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I run a backwards Magpul Pro. It allows my Surefire Pro to sit very close to the top.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I know for a fact that-

DD fixed front
    Magpul Pro
    KAC 99051 reversed

Will all clear the body of a light with an Arisaka offset and inline mount on BCM handguards. If you have a wider profile handguard, they will have even more clearance.

If you want to have the head of the light flush with the end of the handguard, just grab a DD fixed front and you will for sure have clearance.

Feedback Score
    Put the front sight on the barrel. You increase your sight radius and these are much, much better sights.

https://ultradyneusa.com/product-category/dynamounts/

Feedback Score
    It is a 13.5 handguard and a 16 barrel, so it doesn’t need to be flush with the handguard, thanks I will look at the sights you listed. Never cared for the look of magpul pros but function should override looks.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The steel Magpul Pros are a lot thinner than the polymer MBUS sights.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!