Thread: Which charge weight? Ocw

Feedback Score

Which charge weight? Ocw

So I went and ran some 75gr hpbt from Everglades ammo through my ar with a sionics 16” upper. Using h322,cci #41, and mix brass. I like the looks of 21.8-22.2. Those I circled two that I knew were off. The buttstock came unlocked on me on the third set on 22.0 and 22.2. I also really like the grouping at 23.0. My poa for that was the bottom left corner of the A box where I put an x after the fact. That is a whole grain above max though. Still not showing pressure to bad. Which one would you guys go with? It tells me I think I should try 22.0. But 23 is also really tempting. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ubet; 07-21-20 at 11:16.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No Chrono info? My lot of H322 actually popped a primer on a loose piece of brass at 22.8gr with 77 tmks.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    No Chrono info? My lot of H322 actually popped a primer on a loose piece of brass at 22.8gr with 77 tmks.
    No chrono info. I’ve never really trusted mine. It’s a chrony and seems to be more of a pain in the ass than anything. My dope has never matched the reading either when I used it for lr loads. I always had to get my dope and used applied ballistics to do it backwards.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    A magneto speed might be helpful. I really pick a load for gas guns based on Velocity as much as Group size. Ideally, I want a load that's hotter than .223, but not popping primers to achieve 5.56 velocities.

In other words, velocity is an important piece of the charge I pick.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I’d really like a labradar. But it’s not in the funds right now. I’m going to chrono 21.6-22.4 tomorrow morning and see what I’m getting.

I’m just building this for inside 300yds. Smk are my go to with it though. I just don’t want to feed them the 77smk for everything.