Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12.5" barrel

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Depends what I'm buying, For instance, Precision Firearms has Bartein or Kreiger, just have to see if they would do a 12.5" at about 600+

Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    How much do you want to spend.

If you want to spend some money I am very happy with the small gas port Hodge (sub MOA) and if you want wicked accuracy the V7 12.5 is no joke.

DD makes a 12.5 now as does BCM. All my DD have been 1 to 1.5 moa guns.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I would definitely look at V7 for that money. It'll be cheaper and it's definitely half MOA if you do your part.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have had both SS Noveske and Larue barrels in the past and both were boringly accurate at 400. I almost always "head shot" on the steel at that distance. At 100 they both were MOA and sub when I did my part. I almost always shot Black Hills 68, 69, and 77. 500 was doable but 600 always seemed to give me fits. Of course everything was harder for me at after 600. I went a different direction and now my only SBR is a 12.5 a Kino but I've never shot it past 300.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There are a plethora of good 12.5" options on the market as of today, and most of them are MOA-capable from what I've seen. Basically it comes down to bore treatment (chrome vs nitride), gas system length, and barrel profile.

Hodge, Centurion, Criterion CORE, Black River Tactical, Triarc would be my choices in no particular order.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Maybe Docsherm or Euro can drop in with some info. There were recently a couple of threads talking about 12.5’ being the “optimum” length for a do all, including a precision role.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    If it is going to be for precision shooting and a SS barrel, i would go with a Mid Length gas system. I have a Rainier Arms 12.5 SS Ultra Match middy and it is geat. Make sure you use an A5 Buffer system if you go Middy.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Another option you might want to consider is a Colt SOCOM barrel cut down to 12.5"
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @Clint

What is the shortest length handguard that would cover the gas block of that 12.5" barrel?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Moving to Semi Precision as it's what I'm after. Don't see Rainer's offering of a 12.5 on the site?

Play gun
    No suppressed
    No carrier with a dozen 30 rounders waiting to be emptied
    Precision oriented, steel for fun, groups on paper and challenging positional with/without artificial support.
    Small package, 1-8/10 eventually.
    Not worried about barrel life ss vs cl/mel
    Most likely loading for it, accurate of course and safe, not trying to reach any particular PSI, a hole is a hole
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The EXC gas system is 1" longer than CAR,
    so an 8" hand guard should go just up to the gas block, while a 9" will fully cover the gas block.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    @Clint

What is the shortest length handguard that would cover the gas block of that 12.5" barrel?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast