Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Key Mod vs M-Lok

Feedback Score

Key Mod vs M-Lok

I'm in the process of finalizing the specs for a rifle that I'm going to have built. The rail system is offered in Key Mod and M-Lok. While I have a pretty decent collection of rifles, I've never been one to use such systems. Actually, I prefer plastic over metal when it comes to handguards. But, since I have to choose one or the other, I'd like to know which one is better in theory. Whichever I choose, the rails are pretty thin. I'd like to add some sort of plastic grip to hold while shooting. Which to you prefer and why?

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Mlok won the format war. There is no real decision to make in 2020 unless you are wanting an KAC URX 4 keymod rail for cheap.

Search for threads ad nausea on discussions on which is “better.”

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    No reason to mess with KeyMod unless you're already committed/invested to it.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That's a tough one. I definitely love my KMR rails and the mounts on them. I don't even use the Mlok slots on the one rail I have in that platform. We had a pic rail section peel off of Pappabear's gun due to the Mlok not being properly mounted. That annoyed the hell out of me.

The QD vertical grips on the Keymod are second to none. If that's your main add on, BCM keymod grips are awesome.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Mlok = VHS
    Keymod = beta max

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I am with Mark. We have been using KM since BCM introduced the original mag alloy KMR. The people who had KM fail either couldn't read, couldn't understand what they read or didn't follow instructions. Not sure the Crane results were not influenced by lobbyist. It wouldn't be the first time. In the end I don't think one system is better than the other if used properly.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have both, and to be honest, they both work fine. For me it hasn’t been an issue because I don’t switch stuff out a lot.

I will say that overall, the M-Lok looks a bit cleaner. That’s just aesthetics, not function (but who doesn’t want your gun to look good?).

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    M-lok is more popular, but both work just fine. I have both on rifles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Both work fine, and I have both. But if I were doing a new build, I would definitely go with m-lok. Almost no one makes stuff for keymod anymore compared to m-lok.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast