Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enhanced BCG's

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Enhanced BCG's

I am aware of these "enhanced" BCG's : LMT, Sure Fire, Geissele and JP Enterprises. Any others? I'm not a Delta/SEAL/RANGER or anything of the sort and I've never broken any of my BCG's. I use Colt and BCM. Just training and competition for me.

Is there any performance/durability/strength reasons that a plain ole' run of the mill shooter such as myself would need any of these enhanced and expensive BCG's ? Like many here I do find more quality than I really need comforting but at 2X the price do I really need one? Anyone running one of these and noticed a positive difference?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    at 2X the price do I really need one? Anyone running one of these and noticed a positive difference?
    Nope. There's some possible benefits for suppressed shooting. But that's more of the cam pin path... not a strength issue.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Ever clean a phosphate and black nitride BCG back to back?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Enhanced BCG's

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Nope. There's some possible benefits for suppressed shooting. But that's more of the cam pin path... not a strength issue.
    I disagree, there are benefits felt with the LMT on over gassed guns unsuppressed. It softens it recoil by bleeding excess gasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    Ever clean a phosphate and black nitride BCG back to back?
    I don't believe this is a coating or treatment issue, but rather a design issue. Flared carrier end for anti carrier tilt, enlarged, more, or repositioned gas vents, dual spring extractor, and such.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    I don't believe this is a coating or treatment issue, but rather a design issue. Flared carrier end for anti carrier tilt, enlarged, more, or repositioned gas vents, dual spring extractor, and such.
    My point is thats the only benefit that he is guaranteed to notice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 07-21-20 at 20:17.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Our philosophy is to start with a properly configured and properly gassed barrel.

Then use standard components for the rest of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I disagree, there are benefits felt with the LMT on over gassed guns unsuppressed. It softens it recoil by bleeding excess gasses.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks all ! Your responses pretty confirmed my thoughts that as long as one sticks to a properly gassed barrel and all other systems are in proper alignment and strength then a enhanced BCG is not needed. I don't shoot supressed, my shortest barrel is 14.5 and I don't have any full auto. My barrels are all Colt so I assume proper gas.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I don't think we disagree. An overgassed barrel is similar to a standard gassed barrel with a can. But we tried shooting them back to back and couldn't really tell a difference. Perhaps a shot timer on a full auto gun would take the subjectivity out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Our philosophy is to start with a properly configured and properly gassed barrel.

Then use standard components for the rest of the system.
    Totally agree. Treating symptoms is insane. Get the barrel right in the first place.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast