Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Enhanced BCG's

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I disagree, there are benefits felt with the LMT on over gassed guns unsuppressed. It softens it recoil by bleeding excess gasses.
    I've experimented with the LMT Enhanced a little. I had two identical rifles with the same Noveske barrels in each. These seemed to be gassed for reliability, but not really over gassed. For me, there is no detectable difference between a mil spec BCG and the Enhanced when shot side to side using identical buffer setups (carbine tube, Sprinco blue with H2). They ran smooth.

However, that doesn't mean that there might not be a noticeable difference when paired with an over gassed barrel, a different gas system, a different dwell time, a different buffer setup, or a can.

Further, it doesn't mean that the LMT Enhanced won't result in a more reliable rifle over the long term because of its design. In fact, I fully expect the LMT Enhanced BCG to result in a slightly more reliable rifle in the long haul. That's why I bought it.

Is it worth it to spend $300+ for a BCG instead of $180? Probably not, unless you are a high round count professional door kicker who routinely engages bad guys with high rates of fire.

That's not me I'm just a civi who appreciates nice equipment that I'll never use to its design potential.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 07-23-20 at 01:32.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    I've experimented with the LMT Enhanced a little. I had two identical rifles with the same Noveske barrels in each. These seemed to be gassed for reliability, but not really over gassed. For me, there is no detectable difference between a mil spec BCG and the Enhanced when shot side to side using identical buffer setups (carbine tube, Sprinco blue with H2). They ran smooth.
    That was our unscientific findings. We tried the quick change method on the same upper.... which was silly, but we too noticed nothing different.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I have an M4-clone I built using a Remington Defense SOCOM barrel and an LMT enhanced carrier with a Cryptic Coatings "Mystic Black" bolt. Haven't shot it yet but will keep you posted. From experience the LMT enhanced carrier also slightly reduces fouling in the process of it's camming action and the "Mystic Black" is really slick and cleans up in a heartbeat.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    95% of users will notice nothing, 4% will notice but gain nothing in terms of measurable shooting performance, 1% may actually gain something, sometimes. Maybe.

Unscientific WAG, but I'd put some money on it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There is a ton of brilliance into the LMT enhanced BCG that few will ever appreciate. So many things make it just outstanding, but is it needed for most folks no. It’s kinda like KAC, nobody needs a KAC SR25 mag, but they don’t suck and are over built for most saps slinging lead down range including me. You are not waisting money buying great kit, but most don’t need it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    I don't believe this is a coating or treatment issue, but rather a design issue. Flared carrier end for anti carrier tilt, enlarged, more, or repositioned gas vents, dual spring extractor, and such.
    This. In most calibers I have not had any problems with BCGs from PSA, Toolcraft, RRA, Anderson or AIM Surplus. In 7.62x39, I have an LMT enhanced bolt. 7.62x39 bolts are thinner and run thru extractors faster than 5.56. Bought it about 10 years ago for my first build and later put it in my current 16” carbine. Still going strong on a lifetime of steel case and surplus. But I also paid twice what I got a Toolcraft complete 5.56 BCG for just for that LMT 7.62x39bolt.

I guess you have to ask whether a top quality enhanced BCG that costs twice what a Toolcraft BCG is better than two Toolcrafts. I’ve not seen anyone prove which lasts longer. A bolt is a wear item and will eventually break.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post

I guess you have to ask whether a top quality enhanced BCG that costs twice what a Toolcraft BCG is better than two Toolcrafts. I’ve not seen anyone prove which lasts longer. A bolt is a wear item and will eventually break.
    Agree 100%.

Feedback Score
    It’s all snake oil as far as I’m concerned. The only actual “enhancement” that has been legitimately proven to be beneficial is the KAC bolt & carrier.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    It’s all snake oil as far as I’m concerned. The only actual “enhancement” that has been legitimately proven to be beneficial is the KAC bolt & carrier.
    Care to elaborate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    OP, are you trying to fix something that is not broken? If your mil spec part, any part, does not break, why ever fix it on any component?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast