Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How securely should Troy sights stow?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

How securely should Troy sights stow?

I have two sets of Troy folding Battlesights that I bought from BCM last week, so they are branded as BCM, and I have them on BCM uppers.

The rears of both sets don't seem to stow in the down position very securely. The rears can easily be pushed up into position with one finger just catching on the side of the sight. (Or snag on a shirt, chest rig, etc.)

Neither front or rear has a real detent in the down position to speak of.

The fronts are pretty easy to accidentally move as well, but have more friction than the rears.

I am just wondering if this is normal for Troy sights.

Feedback Score
    I have several pairs of Troy branded sights they all seem to be secure in the down position.

I have a pair of 45 degree offsets made by Troy for Trijicon, I'll check to see if they have the same problem you are facing.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Ive got a couple of their front sights and all are secure with a noticeable detent in the down position. They arent hard to flip up by any means, so yea they could potentially be snagged and flipped up but I've never had it happen. Thats just front sights though, I dont have any of their rears so I cant speak for those.

Just looked at mine and it reminded me I did make sure not to put any ladder rail covers where the sight is when its folded down.

They are all Troy branded and were bought in '15

Feedback Score
    My Troy DOA diamond rear site is rock solid, unless you push the button on the side it does NOT move. At all.

Feedback Score
    I checked my Troy 45 offset made for Trijicon and in the closed position, they don't lock down like the my Troy branded battle sights.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I don't consider this normal. I have three Troy rears, and one Troy front bought from BCM about 10 years ago. Both front and rears require me to pinch the button between my thumb pad and index finger knuckle, and then try to flip it up with my middle finger.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here’s a video clip. Basically just showing how the sight easily pulls up with little pressure using my thumb nail.

https://streamable.com/7o7uzr
    Last edited by grizzlyblake; 07-30-20 at 05:54.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Seems as if there is no “click” at the bottom for you.
    Mine does require a slight effort to begin moving upwards, though I’m sure a fingernail would handle it. Yours looks “free moving.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah, like I said it just kind of stays down with friction, no positive click down. I emailed BCM that video and they said it's operating as it is supposed to.

I splurged on two sets of those because I expected them to be the best, but I can't say I'm really happy with them.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Magpul PRO is probably my favorite general use rear sight. However, I don’t actually have one any more. This would be my option for a “world ends, EMP hit, and I don’t want a DD fixed” option.

The Troy functions fine for me as a backup on a BCM upper (currently, but may put a carry handle on it).

I use (and like) the MI Combat rear sight for a true “only use as backup” option. It is light and narrow, so perfect on ambi and no-FA uppers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast