Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How securely should Troy sights stow?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I broke a set of the MI Combat sights installing them to proper torque. The flathead screw head shattered. I called MI about it and they said they had a big batch that had gone out a while back with what they know now was bad heat treating. He said they were still probably cycling through distributors stocks.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I remember your saying that previously

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I broke a set of the MI Combat sights installing them to proper torque. The flathead screw head shattered. I called MI about it and they said they had a big batch that had gone out a while back with what they know now was bad heat treating. He said they were still probably cycling through distributors stocks.
    What did they list as a proper torque value? I had considered MI when I bought the Troys 10yrs ago, but I was trying to consolidate an order and BCM's store had what I needed. I don't think the Troy's ever specified a torque value in the packaging.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Yeah, like I said it just kind of stays down with friction, no positive click down. I emailed BCM that video and they said it's operating as it is supposed to.

I splurged on two sets of those because I expected them to be the best, but I can't say I'm really happy with them.
    Have you used the sights at the range, run moving drills, ect and had them not stay down?
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My Troy, marked "Noveske", act the same as yours. In around 8 years and thousands of rounds fired in classes, competition and range use neither sight has moved from horizontal unless I intentionally raised it.
    The friction is sufficient for the purpose. Think yours are fine and your concern is unwarranted.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12