Ive got a Mk18 with 1-6 Razor on top that acts as my GP carbine. For fear of reliability issues, I sold the HLX I had on it (after seeing some issues with another first hand). I'm looking for a lightweight light with alot of throw, that costs less than a modlite or OWL (I have an OWL and will have a Modlite before the end of the year). While I don't hunt, this Mk18 does get used at night, thus the need for the throw over spill. Whatever I light I get will be mounted at the 11 o'clock in an HSP Thorntail 2 with a Cloud LCS.

I recently stumbled on the Arisaka 600 series lights, specifically the E2HT and the E2XT, although I think my main focus is on the E2HT as it has a slimmer profile. I've spent my entire adult life/military/LE buying SF lights based on Lumen alone, and have only this month discovered candela and lights with a lot of throw. As such, I am impressed with the E2HT's candela (35k) but wholly unimpressed with the lumens (500). The E2XT sports 55k candela but again only 500 lumens.

I can find very little on these lights beyond superficial youtube reviews or wildly technical candlepower forum discussions. Do you any of you have direct experience with either light? How do you find they stack up to the Modlite or OWL, or even the Surefire 600DF? How are the Arisaka lights reliability wise, any issues with recoil or anything else?

Can the rechargeable 16650 cells be charged using my Nitecore charger that came with my OWL?