Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LPVO height, lower 1/3 (1.7") vs. 1.93"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    The Instagram commandos who are making a living on getting people to buy them with cool marketing.

I personally don’t understand the tall LPVO mounts. Lower 1/3 makes sense with a red dot where you have unlimited eye relieve and FOV but on an LPVO I don’t see how you’ll get a great sight picture with a chin weld. Could just be me but I know most 3 gun guys get their scopes as low as possible.
    3 gun is not a good comparison of what you should be using for personal defense.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    3 gun is not a good comparison of what you should be using for personal defense.
    Eh, for some things yea. But for shooting fast and accurate, competition shooting is usually THE benchmark on how to do it right.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The Instagram commandos who are making a living on getting people to buy them with cool marketing.

I personally don’t understand the tall LPVO mounts. Lower 1/3 makes sense with a red dot where you have unlimited eye relieve and FOV but on an LPVO I don’t see how you’ll get a great sight picture with a chin weld. Could just be me but I know most 3 gun guys get their scopes as low as possible.
    Even with 1.9” mounts, we’re not talking about chinwelds, and if you are, I would suggest you try one. We’re talking about ~ 0.4” higher than absolute.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Geissele 1.54" vs LaRue 1.93". Both are 30mm tubes.

As 1168 said- it's far from a chinweld with a 1.93".

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Pretty sure I’ve posted the same exact thing in at least two other threads here but I moved away from 1.93 because it took a little extra time for me to find the proper cheek weld from the prone when on the timer. That may not have been enough by itself but the Badger C1 had the modularity that I wanted and was lighter so pairing that with my preferred height for red dots made sense. The 1.7 is easily the best for me. 1.93 wasn’t bad but 1.54 was terrible. None of this has been in pro mask though and I agree that if a reasonable amount of time will be spent in one behind the gun, I wouldn’t even bother with an LPVO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I like the idea of 1.7 for scope height. I don’t mind normal 1.50-1.54 heights but it would be nice to not have so much of your LA5 in your field of view. I understand the high mounts if all you do is passive aiming and you wear a mask a lot but I agree a lot of these POG’s turned insta operators tout high mounts but they don’t actually need them and these ass clowns also only shoot paper at under 10 yds. No sense in getting something for a purpose that you do 5% of the time or not even at all. I have limited time with the high mounts but your offset is now more pronounced and sometimes a murder hole or a gap in a barricade could be out of use with these high mounts. 1.93 isn’t crazy high but dudes with 2.04 mounts are definitely crazy. I also would be interested to see what these mounts turn your holds into at distance. Also for passive aiming ****ing put your nod over your non dominant eye and your red dot will merge with the night vision, the VCOG 1-8 works with pvs 31’s aiming passively and that’s a 1.54 height.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Even with 1.9” mounts, we’re not talking about chinwelds, and if you are, I would suggest you try one. We’re talking about ~ 0.4” higher than absolute.
    It seems like the people s*it talking 1.94 mounts have no experience with tall mounts. Ive probably been shooting 1.94 RDS's for 8+ years and Ive experienced none of these so called negative effects. 1.54 is all you need if shoot off the bench all day
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 07-29-20 at 01:53.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

I would suggest trying one before knocking it. My LPVO sits in a Scalarworks 1.93" mount, it will remain there and I don't have an Instagram account so have no clue what the "commandos" are slinging.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    It seems like the people s*it talking 1.94 mounts have no experience with tall mounts. Ive probably been shooting 1.94 RDS's for 8+ years and Ive experienced none of these so called negative effects. 1.54 is all you need if shoot off the bench all day
    Exactly right. My SPR (mostly shot prone) has a 1.54" mount, all my other LPVO mounts are 1.93" my RDS mounts are 1/3 co-witness but intend to try 1.93" on my next purchase.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 07-29-20 at 03:05.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I would suggest trying one before knocking it. My LPVO sits in a Scalarworks 1.93" mount, it will remain there and I don't have an Instagram account so have no clue what the "commandos" are slinging.
    Maybe I will. I have a scalarworks 1.57 LPVO Mount and didn’t consider a 1.93 because even with my lower 1/3 T2 Mount I have a pretty loose cheek weld. And then I’ll try them both for a bit and see what I can use better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast