Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LPVO height, lower 1/3 (1.7") vs. 1.93"

Feedback Score
    fwiw, i believe how you hold the gun has a lot more affect on the cheek/chin weld than the height of the mount

if you use what i'll call a traditional style 1950s bladed stance with the butt in your shoulder pocket, yeah, you will have to tilt your head and then be lucky to get your cheek on it and probably resort to putting your chin on it with a 1.93. if you are accustomed to a CMP/HP style smushed cheek weld where you rest the weight of your head on the stock, then 1.93 will be uncomfortable and impractical

however, the farther you bring the stock inboard to your sternum as modern shooting stances are want to do, the closer your head will be to the gun. and unless you're bill 'the jaw' cowher, your bottom of your head is rounded so as the stock moves in, the tangent of your head gets lower and lower until ultimately the butt is centered directly under your chin. at which point, you can still raise your head to a more natural position and still firmly touch the stock with your chin.

my own position typically has the stock (usually a magpul UBR) beside the jawbone. not on my "chin" exactly, and definitely not up in my cheek like i shoot an A2 service rifle.

Feedback Score
    I run the 1.57 Scalarworks with an NX8 -- I'm compressed a bit standing up, but I'm not hunting for the reticle when prone or (gasp) shooting from the bench. I'm running a pistol 14.5" with an SBA3 pistol brace -- if I was shooting with a SOPMOD, I'd definitely rather have the 1.93 height. I'm 6'4".

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    How in the hell is a 1/3 cowitness a chin weld? With a 1/3 mount my stock weld is just under my cheek bone and Im not exactly Brad Pitt with high cheekbones. With a 1.94 mount my stock weld is above the corner of my mouth. You can literally debunk the bulls*it in 30 seconds.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 07-31-20 at 20:18.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    How in the hell is a 1/3 cowitness a chin weld? With a 1/3 mount my stock weld is just under my cheek bone and Im not exactly Brad Pitt with high cheekbones. With a 1.94 mount my stock weld is above the corner of my mouth. You can literally debunk the bulls*it in 30 seconds.
    Sounds like you really like that mouth weld.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    Sounds like you really like that mouth weld.
    Allows me to slay bodies better, good to go!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123