Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: AMERICAN CONTINGENCY

Feedback Score
    I for one have seen ANTIFA in action, up close. Standing in line at the Albuquerque Convention Center on 24 May 2016 to see then candidate Trump speak. There were police barricades keeping the wilde-eyes screaming protesters from physically touching us, but it didn't stop the plastic bottles and fluids being tossed our direction. Two positions from me in the line was a 30 something Catholic Nun, wearing the clothing of her Order. She was hit in the left rear of her head with a broken piece of concrete. Knocked her to the ground and was bleeding. We carried her up towards the front of the line where a stationed Paramedic was and he called for assistance. She was taken away by ambulance and I don't know what ever became of her.

Trying to leave the Convention Center was even more chaotic, but made it out with only a partially drenched shirt from being hit by some kind of soft drink. The protesters carried ANTIFA flags and Mexican Flags, and others plus plenty of signs. The protest crowd was estimated to be around 600 people but I would have guessed more. Knowing a lot of Catholic Sisters in this State, it really made my blood boil to see that happen. If I was armed, I may have not been able to resist thinning out that herd. No secret Walter Mitty-esqe fantasies -just pure anger.
    Last edited by OH58D; 09-18-20 at 13:47.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I for one have seen ANTIFA in action, up close. Standing in line at the Albuquerque Convention Center on 24 May 2016 to see then candidate Trump speak. There were police barricades keeping the wilde-eyes screaming protesters from physically touching us, but it didn't stop the plastic bottles and fluids being tossed our direction. Two positions in front of me in the line was a 30 something Catholic Nun, wearing the clothing of her Order. She was hit in the left rear of her head with a broken piece of concrete. Knocked her to the ground and was bleeding. We carried her up towards the front of the line where a stationed Paramedic was and he called for assistance. She was taken way by ambulance and I don't know what ever became of her.

Trying to leave the Convention Center was even more chaotic, but made it out with only a partially drenched shirt from being hit by some kind of soft drink. The protesters carried ANTIFA flags and Mexican Flags, and others plus plenty of signs. The protest crowd was estimated to be around 600 people but I would have guessed more.
    But, it was a Peaceful chunk of Concrete...so....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    Nope. It's the equivalent of all the soccer moms who KNOW that AR15s are gonna come and shoot their babies because CNN has been terrorizing them with the idea for decades.

You're falling for it too. Antifa/Communism is just the conservative boogieman that's always JUST around the corner. It's a tool of control, and you bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    The whole "concerned Americans defending their country" just means, "We want to shoot people we disagree with."

Antifa isn't coming to get you, this dude is just using fear to sell something to terrified suburbanites and Walter Mitty wannabe gunfighter fantasy types.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I see you didn't bother to look at 1911A1's posts over the last year. If you did than you wouldn't pooh pooh my assertion as "AR15.com Talk". The days of standing in the middle of the road are coming to an end. I see you don't understand that yet. The Sturmabteilung's "Hotzone" was Munich. I am sure there were many rural Germans that never laid eyes on one. I wonder how many Germans underestimated their rising influence. You and 1911A1 are promoting straw men. This isn't about a single group. This is about an entire insidious consortium of groups and institutions with similar agendas. This is about the power brokers that are funding ANTIFA, BLM, Redneck Revolt, John Brown Gun Club, La Raza and a hundred other leftist groups that seek to subvert the U.S. Constitution, the 2016 election, and fundamentally change America into something hideous and un-recognizable. This is about being denigrated and dehumanized for years by being labeled as deplorables, racists, nazi's, and fascists, years and years of fake media Russian scandals and fake deep state investigations followed by 100K illegal alien caravans marching north, followed by overblown COVID-19 fear and responses followed by Seattle Riots and CHAZ, followed by100+ days of rioting and murder in Portland, followed by over 1 million acres burned and unbreathable air in Oregon, California, and Washington. This is about open warfare against 50% of the U.S. population.
    I was just addressing that one point. Obviously I disagree with him on the rest. I haven’t followed y’alls beef.

I don’t disagree skullduggery is afoot but at the same time the mere threat is worse than the follow-through. Now is the time not to be divided if we are to hold back the night.

I do not fear 2020 as much as I do 2024

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I for one have seen ANTIFA in action, up close. Standing in line at the Albuquerque Convention Center on 24 May 2016 to see then candidate Trump speak. There were police barricades keeping the wilde-eyes screaming protesters from physically touching us, but it didn't stop the plastic bottles and fluids being tossed our direction. Two positions from me in the line was a 30 something Catholic Nun, wearing the clothing of her Order. She was hit in the left rear of her head with a broken piece of concrete. Knocked her to the ground and was bleeding. We carried her up towards the front of the line where a stationed Paramedic was and he called for assistance. She was taken away by ambulance and I don't know what ever became of her.

Trying to leave the Convention Center was even more chaotic, but made it out with only a partially drenched shirt from being hit by some kind of soft drink. The protesters carried ANTIFA flags and Mexican Flags, and others plus plenty of signs. The protest crowd was estimated to be around 600 people but I would have guessed more. Knowing a lot of Catholic Sisters in this State, it really made my blood boil to see that happen. If I was armed, I may have not been able to resist thinning out that herd. No secret Walter Mitty-esqe fantasies -just pure anger.
    I am not, and would never, downplay Antifa’s danger. But at present it does tend to be in larger areas or in some hotspot where someone got shot or is giving a speech.

They have that mixture of immaturity and viciousness.

I’m just saying that, for now, it can be avoided to a degree.

At some point there will be a lot to answer for

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    "The whole "concerned Americans defending their country" just means, "We want to shoot people we disagree with.""

This is classic transference. The only people using violence to silence opposing beliefs are the marxists. Conservatives prefer factual discussions to emotion driven riots because truth and fact are on our side. This, plus the time required by employment, is why "protests" are a tool of left, not the conservatives.

"To conservatives, Antifa represents everything they hate: Youth, progressive culture, diversity, etc."

Transference and falsehood both. Again, hate is an emotion not based in fact. Hate is a tool of the marxist left and Antifa.

Conservatives hate youth? We are not the ones trying to kill babies in the womb. We are not the ones trying to canonize some pedo that got smoked by a frightened child. We are not airing shows full of twerking pre-teens.

Conservatives hate progressive culture? Destroying everything you see is hardly progress. Turning the greatest country in the world into Cuba is hardly progress. Go ahead and ask one of the Cuban refugees who escaped to America on a scrap of wood how progress turned out.

The best one - Conservatives hate diversity. I work for a fortune 500 company whose conservative CEO and directors strongly embrace diversity. You know why? It's simple; we don't care if you are a straight white male, an LGBTQ person of color, or anything in between. We hire, retain, reward, and promote talent and work ethic - period. Marxists hate diversity and fairness in the workplace. They love quotas that tell women and people of color "you cannot compete on merit, so we forced false success on you". They love being able to openly discriminate against high performers who happen to be Asian, white, Christian, or Jewish.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-18-20 at 14:08.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yup, it's the constant Marxist tactic of accusing your enemy (us) of exactly what you are doing yourself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I am not, and would never, downplay Antifa’s danger. But at present it does tend to be in larger areas or in some hotspot where someone got shot or is giving a speech.

They have that mixture of immaturity and viciousness.

I’m just saying that, for now, it can be avoided to a degree.

At some point there will be a lot to answer for
    This State only has a total population of around 2 million people, in a huge land area. We certainly have a number of those ANTIFA SOB's here too, and their chapters have Facebook pages. I'm the type of person to intervene when I see someone desecrating the American Flag. Sure it's part of their First Amendment Rights, but my Freedom of Expression prompts me to make an attempt to recover that Flag. I can withstand some physical intimidation, but I draw the line with our Flag.
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I was just addressing that one point. Obviously I disagree with him on the rest. I haven’t followed y’alls beef.

I don’t disagree skullduggery is afoot but at the same time the mere threat is worse than the follow-through. Now is the time not to be divided if we are to hold back the night.

I do not fear 2020 as much as I do 2024
    I hope we are all over estimating the chaos that will follow a Trump re-election. I think it's going to get real sketchy following it. They are going to push to the limit on what they can get away with and those who live in Dem run cities and counties are going to be totally screwed until federal help arrives. The spoiled child that has gotten to run amuck all this time will keep doing it until it gets a smack down. End of story.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I hope we are all over estimating the chaos that will follow a Trump re-election. I think it's going to get real sketchy following it. They are going to push to the limit on what they can get away with and those who live in Dem run cities and counties are going to be totally screwed until federal help arrives. The spoiled child that has gotten to run amuck all this time will keep doing it until it gets a smack down. End of story.
    Assuming President Trump gets re-elected. Even if he does, it's possible we will lose the Senate, and they will just continue with new articles of impeachment and remove him from office. Won't that be a frosty Friday when that happens?????

I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch, because I'm not counting on the President getting re-elected. The American Left have too many tools and schemes to steal this election and I am guessing they have no limits as to what they will implement. When it comes to evil, they do it well. What's the old saying: "Nice guys finish last". That pretty well sums up a large segment of the American population....nice guys playing by the rules.
    Last edited by OH58D; 09-18-20 at 14:42.
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Assuming President Trump gets re-elected. Even if he does, it's possible we will lose the Senate, and they will just continue with new articles of impeachment and remove him from office. Won't that be a frosty Friday when that happens?????

I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch, because I'm not counting on the President getting re-elected. The American Left have too many tools and schemes to steal this election and I am guessing they have no limits as to what they will implement. When it comes to evil, they do it well. What's the old saying: "Nice guys finish last". That pretty well sums up a large segment of the American population....nice guys playing by the rules.
    This is where I am with the whole political situation. I have no doubt that the ComDems are going to pull out all the stops to litigate and cheat their way to victory. They aren't even attempting to hide that fact, either. They are just letting Punch Drunk Joe flounder his way around while the DNC is building an army of lawyers and poll workers. The DNC outright said that President Trump may win in a landslide on election day but Biden will win in the following weeks after all the votes are "counted". The state of Pennsylvania just released that they will accept mail in ballots up to three days after the election with no requirement to validate signatures. WTH?? And there are 20 other states going in the same direction. If all this really happens and the ComDems get away with it then it is truly the end of the Republic.
    Last edited by flenna; 09-18-20 at 16:00.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast