Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: AMERICAN CONTINGENCY

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    As much as I agree with your sentiment we can't vote our way out of this, I don't think we can get out of this. The fact is the we are the outnumbered ones. We are on the decline. We are the "White Russians" in this revolution. Take a look at the Breaking Down Civil War 2 thread and it pretty wells lays it out.
    i agree, but i meant we outnumber the feds. even if only 1 person out of 100 in the country is reasonably competent with their guns and willing to follow a leader taking action to preserve freedom, there is no way that all the feds put together could stop us. so they should put some thought into which side they want to be on

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    If i dont know you for at least 10 years, we aren't joining the same Fight Club.
    Boom.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Im out. Newest announcement today which they do not want released to non-subscribers is for everyone to send in all their personal data with skill sets via Gmail, submit to a face to face skype interview, and free background check (I have never heard of a free background check for private orgs, these things cost money so who is paying for hundreds or thousands of "Free" background checks). It was stated that only two people would have access to this personal information. Having vetted personnel for a similar private org it is logistically impossible for two people to perform vetting, interviews, and criminal background checks on thousands of individuals which leads me to believe none of it will actually occur and they are just compiling a list. This has all the markings of a huge COINTELPRO fishing net. Mike's former past as a CIA contractor does not weaken this possibility. I am not saying this is the case with AC but I have experience in this area and this is exactly what it would look like if it was.
    Last edited by Nightvisionary; 08-18-20 at 09:50.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Im out. Newest announcement today which they do not want released to non-subscribers is for everyone to send in all their personal data with skill sets via Gmail, submit to a face to face skype interview, and free background check (I have never heard of a free background check for private orgs, these things cost money so who is paying for hundreds or thousands of "Free" background checks). It was stated that only two people would have access to this personal information. Having vetted personnel for a similar private org it is logistically impossible for two people to perform vetting, interviews, and criminal background checks on thousands of individuals which leads me to believe none of it will actually occur and they are just compiling a list. This has all the markings of a huge COINTELPRO fishing net. Mike's former past as a CIA contractor does not weaken this possibility. I am not saying this is the case with AC but I have experience in this area and this is exactly what it would look like if it was.
    I joined the Locals groups for AmCon and the NE region Intel section (The latter one you don’t need to be a subscriber to post or reply to other posts) but I wasn’t convinced this was anything I actually wanted to pay for. To me this whole thing kind of smacks of the New Sons of Liberty, which blew up in popularity on Facebook after the Whiskey Warrior thing.....then fizzled out within like two months.
    Then I think the Facebook purge of “boog” pages finally swept them away for good.

I dunno if the whole AmCon thing is an op or not, my gut says probably not, it’s probably just the latest doomed to fail attempt to organize “patriots” online. I just haven’t been impressed enough by what I’ve seen in terms of the community to subscribe. But this latest development doesn’t make want to get more involved, that’s for sure. Because while I don’t think it’s a setup, it’s a totally plausible conclusion to draw.

This is what trips up the Right every time though. Lack of trust. We are so preoccupied trying to smell a Fed setup a mile away or side-eyeing potential allies, that we are paralyzed into inaction and can’t ever organize on a significant level. I’m not saying the distrust or the hyper vigilance is wrong either, because the concerns are valid, but damn we are behind the other side when it comes to coordinating with one another. And I’m afraid that’s really going to bite us hard.
    I’ve got no solutions to offer on how to fix this either.

What it comes down to every time with us is that we have something to lose, and we aren’t willing to risk it. Especially if we aren’t convinced that someone else is actually going to have our back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I joined the Locals groups for AmCon and the NE region Intel section (The latter one you don’t need to be a subscriber to post or reply to other posts) but I wasn’t convinced this was anything I actually wanted to pay for. To me this whole thing kind of smacks of the New Sons of Liberty, which blew up in popularity on Facebook after the Whiskey Warrior thing.....then fizzled out within like two months.
    Then I think the Facebook purge of “boog” pages finally swept them away for good.

I dunno if the whole AmCon thing is an op or not, my gut says probably not, it’s probably just the latest doomed to fail attempt to organize “patriots” online. I just haven’t been impressed enough by what I’ve seen in terms of the community to subscribe. But this latest development doesn’t make want to get more involved, that’s for sure. Because while I don’t think it’s a setup, it’s a totally plausible conclusion to draw.

This is what trips up the Right every time though. Lack of trust. We are so preoccupied trying to smell a Fed setup a mile away or side-eyeing potential allies, that we are paralyzed into inaction and can’t ever organize on a significant level. I’m not saying the distrust or the hyper vigilance is wrong either, because the concerns are valid, but damn we are behind the other side when it comes to coordinating with one another. And I’m afraid that’s really going to bite us hard.
    I’ve got no solutions to offer on how to fix this either.

What it comes down to every time with us is that we have something to lose, and we aren’t willing to risk it. Especially if we aren’t convinced that someone else is actually going to have our back.

Agreed.

I don't know much about them but it is a national South African group that is basically networking and communicating to prepare for civil war/unrest. They seem pretty damn organized. It would be nice if we could get some organization on that level in the US for conservatives.

https://suidlanders.org/who-we-are/
    https://suidlanders.org/our-emergency-plan/
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Agreed.

I don't know much about them but it is a national South African group that is basically networking and communicating to prepare for civil war/unrest. They seem pretty damn organized. It would be nice if we could get some organization on that level in the US for conservatives.

https://suidlanders.org/who-we-are/
    https://suidlanders.org/our-emergency-plan/
    I’ve seen these guys before and they do really seem to have their shit together. Maybe a more pressing existential threat is what it takes. Or maybe there really is something about the Americans, with our fixation on Rugged Individualism, that hinders our ability to pull stuff like this off. Generally I consider that Rugged Individualism to be a net positive, because it has made this country what it is, and tends to produce tough, self sufficient people, who are often driven to succeed in their field of choice, but perhaps there are some negative side effects as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I’ve seen these guys before and they do really seem to have their shit together. Maybe a more pressing existential threat is what it takes. Or maybe there really is something about the Americans, with our fixation on Rugged Individualism, that hinders our ability to pull stuff like this off. Generally I consider that Rugged Individualism to be a net positive, because it has made this country what it is, and tends to produce tough, self sufficient people, who are often driven to succeed in their field of choice, but perhaps there are some negative side effects as well.
    Rugged individualism is something of a myth as well. Take Daniel Boone. Did he explore into wild territory where there were no settlements? Sure did. He led a large party of settlers (that pesky "numbers" matter thing) across the Gap and beyond on the Wilderness Road. Where he also founded a town, BOONESBOROUGH.

Boonesborough was where everyone went when SHTF! They left their outlying cabins most ricky tick for the safety of NUMBERS. They were laid siege to more than once, the longest being by Shawnee Chief Blackfish and about 450 natives and rogue Frenchmen in 1778 and lasting 10 days during which the indians attempted to fire the fort but a miraculous rain storm saved the settlers--that and the impending arrival of Militia troops who had been summoned before the siege had begun (more numbers as important...)... These are only a few examples.

So yea, Boone was certainly a hero, an explorer of distant, wild and untamed lands, a trail blazer- who did so with the constant help and support of MANY OTHERS. I think many times the MYTH stands in the way of REALITY and we would do well to remember the REALITY. Every nation has it's "Creation Mythology"- Look at Rome and Romulus and Remus etc.....but we need to look at our REAL HISTORY (LIKE ACTUALLY STUDY THAT SHIT) to find out how we got here and a possible path forward.
    Last edited by Esq.; 08-18-20 at 12:54.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Imagine if in late September 2001 CIA operative Sheik Allah Akbar told the Taliban the Americans were coming and convinced them to band together. What if Akbar then convinced a large segment of the most dedicated followers to gives him their names, DOB's, address, education, military and technical skills and download a phone app that would track in real time the location of all members of the band. Do you think we would still be fighting the Taliban today?

Feedback Score
    Imagine if in late September 2001 CIA operative Sheik Allah Akbar told the Taliban the Americans were coming and convinced them to band together. What if Akbar then convinced a large segment of the most dedicated followers to gives him their names, DOB's, address, education, military and technical skills and download a phone app that would track in real time the location of all members of the band. Do you think we would still be fighting the Taliban today?
    Good point.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I signed up for their mail list a while back but never paid to subscribe. I think Mike Glover is a stand up guy and means well in this endeavor but I think it is ripe for abuse. Not by his group but by any ill-intentioned entity that hacks the app- whether that is government or otherwise.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast