Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AMERICAN CONTINGENCY

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by REDinFL View Post
    I'd still suspect a "honey pot." Even if they didn't start that way, they will be infiltrated.
    I mean, to be blunt, every group will be at some point. Or at least an attempt made; maybe even by people who aren't even feds. It's going to happen, and not something that needs to paralyze any organization or actions. It just needs to be understood that it will happen, and then be addressed accordingly.
    I'm also not entirely against groups looking into people to see what they're about; creeping compromise will kill a movement just as dead as a fed.

That being said, I can't help but share a raised eyebrow here over this where I have a group where their first two opening moves are to ask for money (a nice specifically identifiable trail right back to you) and then say they now need more of all my info so I can be "part of the club".
    IF this goal of this is for AmCon cadre to act more as the catalyst/go-between for cross country organization by setting up a network, and traveling around to provide training, not BE the organization themselves (as he's stated in the update vids), then WHY is Amcon Actual doing this mass "vetting"?
    Shouldn't that be something left up to each individual local group?

Maybe AmCon could offer local groups affordable options for vetting their members IF they choose to avail themselves of such, but why do I need to give such a central org all my info to store...somewhere.
    I get it, like Mike said in the recent update vid, they want to be sure of who they're calling up in an future event, natural or man-made.
    But again... why can't the local groups do as much of this as they need/want to feel comfortable by themselves.
    Why can't a group just run their guys down to the local gunshop and run an NICS in five minutes for $10 each (of whatever the fee is); if that's good enough for me to buy a "weapon of war"... why do I need deeper 'vetting'? Heck, if I photo-copy my CHL that should be enough proof that I'm 'good to go'.
    Maybe if you really suspect infiltration, allow your group to let you check members' social media for marxist drivel as well.

Here is one of the update videos to which I refer;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NP4jG1_Xno

He seems sincere enough, and pi$$ed off enough, even if I personally think some of the talking points are bit too 'conservative'. But then, benefit of the doubt, it's an off the cuff video, so maybe I've just misinterpreted some things a bit. And yet at the same time... I think that whole "it's to sensible to be wrong" and "mom country and apple pie" vibe that I've heard everywhere else before is also part of what's driving my suspicion, coupled with my previous post on their site-conduct notice.
    I do hope I am proved wildly wrong....
    Last edited by Jellybean; 08-20-20 at 11:55.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Not saying this will happen, but given the political climate I could see it happening..

What happens if American Contingency is labeled a terrorist organization in the future? Wouldn't that leave everyone whose donated money open to Aiding and Abetting charges for donating to a "terrorist" organization, even if AC didn't have the rest of their information via BG checks? Obviously BLM/ANTIFA are openly committing acts of terrorism and we aren't seeing them charged with shit on a large scale.. but we all know that doesn't go both ways. (Of course, if it gets this far then the gloves are off, so to speak). I wouldn't be worried so much about being raided by LEO/FED for being tied to them, but I could see having your finances frozen or seized briefly or indefinitely, depending on how things go.

I feel uneasy with the idea of background checks like has been previously mentioned. The decision likely comes from a good place, but American Contingency seems to be too bloated for an organization that's just getting off the ground. I think having state chapters, and leaving it up to key personnel in those states to vet without a large database would be a much better idea.

It's sad we have to be so suspicious, but we are already at war. It's not out of line to question the motives of anyone at this point.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    What's the point of joining some national outfit? This is a big Country with a huge diverse population. They say all politics is local, and so should any organized groups of Patriots. I don't need an ID Card, a special badge or decoder ring with certificate of authenticity to be part of a SHTF group. Nor do I need to dress up in ACUs or OCPs and look tactical.

I am part of a local group who meet monthly to discuss plans in case things go south in the US. No uniforms, no special weapons training and no assassination plans. We are made up of men and women who have professional skills or trades that bring value to the group. One is a communications expert, one is a Veterinarian, a Dentist, Diesel Mechanic, Minister, lawyer, Trauma Nurse, former Army pilot, current major airline pilot, etc. It's about 75 people in total (including spouses) who come out here, or we meet elsewhere and discuss local politics, national politics, disaster recovery and do some target shooting. This is all centered around a big potluck meal.

These people aren't emotionally defective tactical wannabees, but just a cross-section of local society who share a common belief in how we can preserve a Constitutional America, even in a small rural part of the United States. These folks bring their kids too.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    What's the point of joining some national outfit? This is a big Country with a huge diverse population. They say all politics is local, and so should any organized groups of Patriots. I don't need an ID Card, a special badge or decoder ring with certificate of authenticity to be part of a SHTF group. Nor do I need to dress up in ACUs or OCPs and look tactical.

I am part of a local group who meet monthly to discuss plans in case things go south in the US. No uniforms, no special weapons training and no assassination plans. We are made up of men and women who have professional skills or trades that bring value to the group. One is a communications expert, one is a Veterinarian, a Dentist, Diesel Mechanic, Minister, lawyer, Trauma Nurse, former Army pilot, current major airline pilot, etc. It's about 75 people in total (including spouses) who come out here, or we meet elsewhere and discuss local politics, national politics, disaster recovery and do some target shooting. This is all centered around a big potluck meal.

These people aren't emotionally defective tactical wannabees, but just a cross-section of local society who share a common belief in how we can preserve a Constitutional America, even in a small rural part of the United States. These folks bring their kids too.
    As I alluded to earlier- this is how it's done. There is never going to be a "march on Washington" to restore the Consteeetooshun! I don't GIVE A SHIT what HAPPENS IN WASHINGTON. I care about what happens in my little slice of the world.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That's because you live in a rural area with relatively few people. Now move to a major population area and you may want to do a background check on your neighbor just because he's a little too weird. My point is....law of large numbers. The more people you have in an area the more wackos you'll have.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If you are like me and wake up one morning and realize you don’t actually have any friends and you are vulnerable because of it, the idea of an organization that can help facilitate networking and building alliances is appealing.
    But AmCon doesn’t give me the best vibe. The whole potential Fed op thing aside, I just see this fizzling out and dying on the vine without ever actually gaining significant traction, the amount of complexity being added at this stage is going to make the (probably) inevitable collapse even more embarrassing.
    Maybe it’s collapse will be the fault of people like me who won’t give it a chance, and it’s all a big self-fulfilling prophecy. So maybe I and other people like me are the problem, I don’t discount that possibility. What I’d like to know is why are we like this?

Meanwhile the Left can seemingly effortlessly organize and within short order begin to operate with the unity of purpose of a swarm of army ants.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 08-20-20 at 13:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    That's because you live in a rural area with relatively few people. Now move to a major population area and you may want to do a background check on your neighbor just because he's a little too weird. My point is....law of large numbers. The more people you have in an area the more wackos you'll have.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Our group got started from members of different Churches locally (up to 70+ miles away) as an offshoot of a group called Ranch Rescue. That outfit was founded to protect ranchers along the Mexican border from constant fence cutting, vandalism and violence from groups bringing illegals across their land. Keep in mind that there is a massive amount of private land up to the US/Mexican border with only an easement separating the border and private property.

In an urban area, it's better to associate with people you have known for years and be wary of outsiders suddenly wanting in. Your group could be a few close-knit families who plan for whatever catastrophe that may happen. A well armed group of even a dozen or more people is better than one or two resisting the hoards of the unclean.

And certainly stay away from the tactical jack types who want to dress up in uniforms and play militia. These are the bullet magnets who would serve a purpose, just not close to decent, credible people. They would draw the attention away from groups like mine who would blend into the background - like human Chameleons.
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    If you are like me and wake up one morning and realize you don’t actually have any friends and you are vulnerable because of it, the idea of an organization that can help facilitate networking and building alliances is appealing.
    That's a mouthful of a statement. Unless you're living on a rock somewhere, you need to get into circulation. There's always friends to be found, and sometimes it's a matter of taking the risk and making yourself vulnerable to open up to others. You'd be surprised at the number of like-minded people you can meet, and realize you're not an island unto yourself. I don't care it's a Church, Veterans organization, hobby group or charity, you can find friends. Just look for people who share your same values, including moral values. That includes females as well!!!!!
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    But AmCon doesn’t give me the best vibe. The whole potential Fed op thing aside, I just see this fizzling out and dying on the vine without ever actually gaining significant traction, the amount of complexity being added at this stage is going to make the (probably) inevitable collapse even more embarrassing.
    Maybe it’s collapse will be the fault of people like me who won’t give it a chance, and it’s all a big self-fulfilling prophecy. So maybe I and other people like me are the problem, I don’t discount that possibility. What I’d like to know is why are we like this?

Meanwhile the Left can seemingly effortlessly organize and within short order begin to operate with the unity of purpose of a swarm of army ants.
    You need to examine your social network and local surroundings and find common cause with like minded locals. I have no idea how large/small of a town you live in but I can promise you, you are not the only person where you are who is upset about the condition we find our nation in and who realizes it's unlikely to continue as is.

OH58 mentions that his group began with local Church friends, I have seen groups grow out of Ham Radio clubs, veterans organizations, home school groups, competitive shooters clubs....You don't need 20 guys. You need TWO guys....who also know TWO guys....who know TWO guys....etc....

I have said this multiple times in various threads here- you need people you KNOW and can TRUST with your life- because you are. Further, those people don't all need to be Snake Eaters. One of the most valuable members of my group is in his mid 70's, he owns three guns, he has taught most of us Ham Radio skills and is our "S2", such as we need.... Without him, we would be a hell of a lot less prepared- I can promise you! His value cannot be overstated.

Even your non prepper/gun/survivalist "sheeple" relatives can play a role. They are people you have BLOOD with, that counts for something. Be a decent human being- be polite and well mannered, don't dress like a Mall Ninja, be helpful- lend a hand where you can- financially if possible and needed, with expertise you have or simply as grunt labor when their daughter buys a new house and needs to move. New Years celebration this year is AT YOUR HOUSE. Spend a few bucks, have a real meal, provide some beers or whatever, Fireworks, make it a day- roast a pig or whatever you Mainiacs do. Create bonds of kinship. You can't expect people to show up after you call them at 3 am and ask them to bring a shovel if they don't even friggen KNOW YOU. Shared experience and especially hardship forges bonds- look at the military- the whole, "I do it for the guy to my Left and Right" thing. Some of my best friendships were made in absolutely horrid circumstances- which we now laugh about....

You can do it.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's a mouthful of a statement. Unless you're living on a rock somewhere, you need to get into circulation. There's always friends to be found, and sometimes it's a matter of taking the risk and making yourself vulnerable to open up to others. You'd be surprised at the number of like-minded people you can meet, and realize you're not an island unto yourself. I don't care it's a Church, Veterans organization, hobby group or charity, you can find friends. Just look for people who share your same values, including moral values. That includes females as well!!!!!
    As a lifelong introvert I have a low tolerance for socializing as a general rule, coupled with a job where I have to interact with the public all day. Like a lot of introverts I find excessive social interaction aggravating to almost physically taxing. So by the time I leave work I’m basically tapped out when it comes to talking to other humans. However I’ve become cognizant of the fact this kind of puts me in a bad position if the S were to HTF and I find myself in trouble. Since I have aging parents in the area and a GF with a gentle heart, who is more likely to need protecting vs being able to watch my back with a rifle, I feel like knowing people might be advantageous. But I haven’t really put the effort into building friendships because I got along fine without them for so many years, it just became my “normal”.

Unless I’ve known someone for years I think I’d always be leery that if things went sideways, my new “friend” might be apt to cap me in the back of the head and take my stuff.
    I also tend not to jive really well with the broader “patriot” community.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast