Thread: Federal 22lr 36hp

Feedback Score

Federal 22lr 36hp

So I’d been using cci mini mags through my 10/22 to kill prairie dogs. But they’re tough to come by locally. So in Cabelas yesterday, without a mask, I found a bucket of 1500 federal 22lr 36hp and grabbed them. Wholly **** they’re fast. I thought the cci were fast. They never did ricochet though, these seem to a little more. And I am not as impressed with the thump when they hit. Anyone else notice that with the Federal’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've had some pretty good luck with some Federal, but I cannot comment on velocity or pest elimination as we only use them for fun targets.

I can say that Federal is more reliable than most in my semi-autos. BUT CCI is my go-to. I do not buy anything but CCI (mostly mini-mag) unless CCI is unavailable.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 07-24-20 at 13:36.

Feedback Score
    And cci mini mag has been tough to come by lately. All 22lr has locally. I was surprised I found this bucket of federal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    can't comment on hunting but I use these in my 22s and love them. Accurate, reliable, fast, pop the targets as well as the cci per my experience.