Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: No Longer in Shadows, Pentagon’s U.F.O. Unit Will Make Some Findings Public

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    You really think men have some sort of real dates for things they say happened in the distance past?
    Exact dates no, but time frames yes. We can do math.

There is not a single verifiable statement in the entirety of the old or new testament. It's all taken "on faith".

Even if the fairy tale was real, I don't see how it precludes the existence of intelligent life on other planets other than it's own myopic view that we are unique.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Exact dates no, but time frames yes. We can do math.

There is not a single verifiable statement in the entirety of the old or new testament. It's all taken "on faith".

Even if the fairy tale was real, I don't see how it precludes the existence of intelligent life on other planets other than it's own myopic view that we are unique.
    So you think that scientists are all objective, dont have a dislike for religion, always tell the truth,and never begin with false assumptions, and that they get it right 9 times out of 10? What's the mathematical formula for when life began?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So you think that scientists are all objective, dont have a dislike for religion, always tell the truth,and never begin with false assumptions, and that they get it right 9 times out of 10? What's the mathematical formula for when life began?
    You’re right folks are totally botching and fabricating the fossil record and Carbon dating data. Dinosaurs are fake news.

As to the present UFO thing if I were remotely concerned about any SAP being discovered I’d be dumping as much disinformation I could into the public domain about aliens because it’s good for business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So you think the guys who wrote those fairy tails didn't have biases, and a limited world view which reflects in the complete lack of knowledge of things outside their immediate area?

The earliest signs of life on Earth are dated to 3.7B years ago based on Carbon dating. The mathematical formula for rate of nuclear decay of C14 is N (t) = N0e kt

What's the mathematical formula for fitting 2 of each of the 8.7B species of animals on a 510 foot boat? Minus the ones that swim, I suppose.
    Last edited by Alex V; 07-29-20 at 13:39.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So you think the guys who wrote those fairy tails didn't have biases, and a limited world view which reflects in the complete lack of knowledge of things outside their immediate area?

The earliest signs of life on Earth are dated to 3.7B years ago based on Carbon dating. The mathematical formula for rate of nuclear decay is A = -dN/dt

What's the mathematical formula for fitting 2 of each of the 8.7B species of animals on a 510 foot boat? Minus the ones that swim, I suppose.
    Well if you watched Noah with Russell Crowe you’ll know he had help from fallen angel rock monsters.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    You’re right folks are totally botching and fabricating the fossil record and Carbon dating data. Dinosaurs are fake news.

As to the present UFO thing if I were remotely concerned about any SAP being discovered I’d be dumping as much disinformation I could into the public domain about aliens because it’s good for business.

Maybe the evidence is just interpreted differently based on different assumptions.

Do you believe all scientists are immune to politics, money, pride, prestige, being the arbiters of what lowly people like me will or will not believe?
    Last edited by TomMcC; 07-29-20 at 13:55.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The earliest signs of life on Earth are dated to 3.7B years ago based on Carbon dating. The mathematical formula for rate of nuclear decay of C14 is N (t) = N0e kt

Carbon dating doesn't date that far back, only to about 50k years according to the assumptions of atheistic scientists.

You didnt answer my question about the formula for the beginning of life.

The bible speaks of kinds not species, so for instance not ever type of canine needed to be on the Ark, but maybe a Male and female wolf pups, all other canines could be derived from them. Young animals take up less space.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I forgot to answer your question the bias' of the writers of at least the NT it pretty much applies to the OT too. They were quite aware of much of the ancient world and its differing philosophies. The teaching in the church has always been that these men were in a supernatural way preserved from falsehood and in due bias by God. The wrote of the events as first hand eyewitnesses an d in a matter of fact way. The 12 apostles were either killed or exiled for their faith. Is there 12 like them in history who willingly were martyred for the biggest lie in history knowing it was a lie? Can you find 5 in history who did that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah! Screw the socratic method and trying to find answered. Just trust a fairy tale written by some dudes 5000 years ago having zero evidence to support any of it.

Your side doesn’t want to investigate the science, everything is explained by saying that a fictional character did it because he is all powerful. It’s imposable to debate because no evidence is required if you just say “well, it was magic!”

You do you dude.
    The thing is, the theory about life spontaneously erupting from organic chemicals is just as unproven. We haven't come close to explaining any of the complexities that are involved in this theory. Believing in this theory makes you no different. Your "religion" just believes in a different "god". You are totally going on faith.

Feedback Score
    I forgot to answer your question the bias' of the writers of at least the NT it pretty much applies to the OT too. They were quite aware of much of the ancient world and its differing philosophies. The teaching in the church has always been that these men were in a supernatural way preserved from falsehood and in due bias by God. The wrote of the events as first hand eyewitnesses an d in a matter of fact way. The 12 apostles were either killed or exiled for their faith. Is there 12 like them in history who willingly were martyred for the biggest lie in history knowing it was a lie? Can you find 5 in history who did that?
    Genuine question because this is something I have always struggled with. Given what you wrote above how do you take into account the flaws of man during the canonization of the Bible? What about the translations? Are those instances simply a fact of man being preserved from falsehood by God? If only certain translations fit that perfection, who is it that gets to make that decision?

I know you can’t actually answer this because it’s an impossible thing to know but how are we to expect the writings of man, that state all men but Jesus are flawed, to come up with a collection of books that are, in fact, perfect? It’s not like we have a direct message from God saying these writings are infallible, we only have man saying those things, man who is said to be flawed.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast