Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gauges

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Forster makes gauges for headspace, but you'll have to remove the ejector and extractor. IMHO, worth the squeeze if you are interested.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Glad to hear you are sticking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Thank you for the kind words gentleman. I did have some probems with a few people here, but I won't let them run me off.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Chad is a good friend and a great guy. As a manufacturer, his attention to detail is what we strife for, and we have benefited from his input to make improvements. As a perpetual student, I've learned quite a few things from Chad.

Folks can be quick to make judgements about SOTAR, would that if they approached gauging and Chad's videos with an open mind, I think they would learn something they never knew before.
    Last edited by Duffy; 07-30-20 at 19:39.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Chad is a good friend and a great guy. As a manufacturer, his attention to detail is what we strife for, and we have benefited from his input to make improvements. As a perpetual student, I've learned quite a few things from Chad.

Folks can be quick to make judgements about SOTAR, would that if they approached gauging and Chad's videos with an open mind, I think they would learn something they never knew before.
    I agree. Wish there was a way for me to make one of his classes. Worth the price of admission from what I've seen in his videos.

Feedback Score
    Building off of what 26 Inf posted, looks like it will be possible to get the GO/NO GO gauges built with handles at McMaster-Carr. Just need to come up with some good specs.

Using what he posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    lets say the trigger/hammer pin hole size is .154” and the tolerances are +/- 0.001”. That gives you .153 as go and .156 as no-go (.156 because .155 would be go)
    Would you just use the tolerance specs to build each GO/NO GO ? Obviously the taper pin gauges are expensive but if there were specs for those somewhere, it would be possible to get some made that were more affordable.

Feedback Score
    You can build several Gauges by using the proper go and no go dimensions. The handle just makes them more "handy".

Unfortunately some of the no go dimensions are not looking for round holes and require the pins to be modified so they can detect an out of round hole. That's the pain in the rear part of the gauges I make.

I am working with a very large company to bring all my gauges to the commercial market, but I have no ETA.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Thank you for the kind words gentleman. I did have some probems with a few people here, but I won't let them run me off.
    Glad to hear you are sticking around. I find your contributions to this forum worthwhile.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Glad to hear you are sticking around. I find your contributions to this forum worthwhile.
    I second that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Glad to hear you are sticking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho1 View Post
    I second that.
    I'll... fourth it.

Feedback Score
    You can build several Gauges by using the proper go and no go dimensions. The handle just makes them more "handy".

Unfortunately some of the no go dimensions are not looking for round holes and require the pins to be modified so they can detect an out of round hole. That's the pain in the rear part of the gauges I make.

I am working with a very large company to bring all my gauges to the commercial market, but I have no ETA.
    This is great news and I look forward to purchasing some of those hard to get ones whenever they come to market. Trying to plan a possible trip next year to come out and take a class.
    Not sure how it will work out but I am looking into hotels and such this weekend. Thank you again for sharing your knowledge so freely.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast