Thread: Gripping a Glock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What difference does rounded of make?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    What difference does rounded of make?
    Makes it ever-so-slightly easier to conceal. Not a huge amount of course, but every little bit helps. Rounded off blends better than squared off, especially since almost no one uses it like I asked in the OP.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’ve never heard of anyone who knows what they’re doing advocate using the trigger guard in any sense. I also don’t see how it’d be easier to conceal, its in the holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m not trying to be argumentative, but I too don’t see how the trigger guard shape would make any difference in concealment.

While I’m sure it was not the original intent, one small upside to the current trigger guard is that it provides additional bearing surface that facilitates the gun “locking in” to Kydex holsters.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’ve never heard of anyone who knows what they’re doing advocate using the trigger guard in any sense. I also don’t see how it’d be easier to conceal, its in the holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jerry Miculek advocates that method here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChSazF41q-s at around 11:30
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't personally do it, and prefer the thumbs-up, fingers interlaced grip - but add these to consider -

My dad just recently purchased a 43X - after about an our of inconsistent dry-fire practice - we discovered that his support hand index finger was "crowding" his trigger finger, when interlaced under the trigger guard, and causing him to shift his fingers during the trigger squeeze. We experimented and concluded that placing his support finger around the front of the trigger guard aleiviated the issue.

Secondly - make sure that modding the trigger guard does not interfere with the retention of the holster you're using. Many kydex holsters use the trigger guard as a retention point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Jerry Miculek advocates that method here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChSazF41q-s at around 11:30
    Interesting....

He's fast like Bob Munden was.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 07-26-20 at 18:18.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It seems to work OK for the best practical shooter in the world, Eric Grauffel.

0F5E7158-FAD4-411B-B0DB-E0ED0E933EEE.jpeg

Feedback Score
    Try it out for a couple weeks and see how it goes.

Didnt work for me or a lot of high level shooters, but works for some.

Feedback Score
    I've heard the theories.

I tried both the support index finger and using it off a barricade. I didn't care for either.

I do find that the 90 degree bend feels like if it were rounded it would contour better with my support hand. For that reason, I prefer rounded trigger guards.

However, I'll bet a squared off trigger guards, the inside portion might "catch" better inside of a holster than a rounded guard. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast