Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy overpriced lowers or wait and hope?

Feedback Score

Buy overpriced lowers or wait and hope?

Hello all,

I want to add a couple of lowers to the safe before the election. I'm partial to Aero, particularly the M4E1's. I've found ONE place that has them in stock, but they want $134 for black and $145 for FDE. That's pretty pricey. But, as time goes along I imagine that everyone will be raising their prices.

So, if you were me, would you wait and hope that places that currently have them listed for $90 to $100 (but sold out) get them in and don't raise their prices, or just pull the trigger now? I've got a bad case of analysis paralysis.

Thanks,

JRC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not only is the particular lower you want in stock during a panic, but it's only $134 - $145? And you're indecisive?

You already missed sub $100, you have no right to complain now. I would buy anything I want or need as soon as I can find it provided I am not putting my family into debt.

If you're troubled over an extra $40 now, I can't wait for your next thread in October.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Just join notification lists and wait, I just got an M4E1 for $79

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    When you have the money and sources are limited, BUY IT! There have always been telltale signs of impending shortages of one thing or another. Some people tend to wait until it's too late and then start complaining about others "Hoarding" this or "Hoarding" that. It's usually a matter of choice, they chose to buy something else or chose not to buy, hoping the price will come down or the supply will catch up. With todays internet, smart phones, and access to venders near and far, what is in stock one day, be it firearms, ammo, beef, freezers, toilet paper, etc., etc. can be "Out of Stock" within the hour.

So don't wait over a price difference of only $40-$50. Get it so we don't have to listen to you complain about "Hoarders" and "Price Gougers". Not that you would! We are still a Capitalist country. Supply and demand still drives the market place. Buy it and be happy!

Feedback Score
    And if you need or want more mags, I wouldn't wait too long to buy more.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Agreed.......only our gun owners to blame, buying up everything in sight just in case.........I stocked up 3-4 panic buying patterns ago, maybe this time I'll let go of some stuff.

Funny thing is there is plenty of normal supply but this erratic feast or famine panic buying into 0 demand means $2000 AR's then $750 AR's is going to be the new normal.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    You need to convince yourself if you should buy known receivers that are $140 bucks,,,go look at Gunbroker,,,you'll buy everyone you can find at that price !! Look at the BIG picture,do you have multiple rifles now ? Are these just to have,,,which is a want & NOT a need ! If you have rifles now I would be looking more for "extra" parts & pieces, springs & things,mags,ammo,reloading items which in reality could be harder to find now than a chunk of aluminum,,(receiver) LOL Back in the Obuma years I bought a LRB lower off GB for $140 bucks plus shipping and I was happy to have it ! Weigh out your options and needs that's for sure !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcii View Post
    Hello all,

I want to add a couple of lowers to the safe before the election. I'm partial to Aero, particularly the M4E1's. I've found ONE place that has them in stock, but they want $134 for black and $145 for FDE. That's pretty pricey. But, as time goes along I imagine that everyone will be raising their prices.

So, if you were me, would you wait and hope that places that currently have them listed for $90 to $100 (but sold out) get them in and don't raise their prices, or just pull the trigger now? I've got a bad case of analysis paralysis.

Thanks,

JRC
    Lots of stuff I would 'like' to have right now but...

No way I am about to pay stupid prices for things that I do not 'need'.

A year (or 2 or 3) ago was the right time to be filling up toolboxes / safes with 'extras'. Right now? Not so much...

About 6mos before Trump won the election I bought my first 6920. $850 OTD, no tax as I paid cash, NIB from local gun store. A friend waited till a month before that election and paid about $1000.00 for the same thing. A friend of his waited till a week before and paid even more for the same. Tried to tell them they were overpaying but they would not listen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    You need to convince yourself if you should buy known receivers that are $140 bucks,,,go look at Gunbroker,,,you'll buy everyone you can find at that price !! Look at the BIG picture,do you have multiple rifles now ? Are these just to have,,,which is a want & NOT a need ! If you have rifles now...
    Well said sir.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If it’s a long term hold what’s $30-40 bucks....

Get what you want and drive on
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast